Humankind
Universe banner wording

[+9k Science]Just here to brag

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 3:06:47 PM

After a relatively easy game on the highest difficulty (Humankind), 

thought I'd try and make a stretch for some of the latest techs :D

Ended up with over 7k base science, and a final +9030.6 with the use of the scientist culture ability "Science mode", making use of the rest of my outputs. 

Fun little game, 10/10 would recommend, will do an infinite amount of playthroughs and you can't stop me.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 5:17:30 PM

Joseon continues it's reign as straight busted. Got 10k science going in on of my earlier games after some heavy Norse Naval expansion and rushing Seowons in all territories.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 5:33:02 PM
RobotDoctorRobot wrote:

Joseon continues it's reign as straight busted. Got 10k science going in on of my earlier games after some heavy Norse Naval expansion and rushing Seowons in all territories.

So everything's just as broken as it should be, perfect.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 5:35:35 PM

I wonder what's the best way to scale that science throughout the game and actually have time to get every tech in 150 turns, haven't done a real science game yet.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 6:25:37 PM

That's not very impressive.
I was able to complete the whole research Tree at turn 119.
While also being Merchant focus the whole game.

Some crazy OP things are Holy sites that give 1 science per follower on each site.

There is also some special districts that will give several gold each.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 7:50:29 PM
AkashaX1885 wrote:

Some crazy OP things are Holy sites that give 1 science per follower on each site.

Damn nice shout, I think I was using most of the above, just not very effectively.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 9:48:43 PM
AkashaX1885 wrote:

How were you able to advance so far ? I am having a really hard time with that even though with one play-through , I had much more science output than my rivals.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 10:31:32 PM
KingRufus wrote:
AkashaX1885 wrote:

How were you able to advance so far ? I am having a really hard time with that even though with one play-through , I had much more science output than my rivals.

Early game focus on one city, get all the territory around, link when it's as cheap as an outpost. Raze outposts of other AI's with your scouts form Neolithic.
Get luxury resources -> horses tech.
Trade once you have the money to do so and a stable partner. (the guys farther aways might be better, since you won't go to war anytime soon against those) With every new route you earn more money starting a snowball.

Slowly link your city to more and more areas. Get the option to link/build outposts with money.
Also build the special districts as often as possible in the right locations.
Prioritize building holy sites and also get Stonehenge. First tenet influence, after that science. (holy site will give you early science)
At some point you will have a well growing city (build districts, hexagon shapes). Aim for one pop per turn growth. Industry will become less relevant because you can buy everything, at that point put pops as researchers. (you can also build a research district hexagon)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message