Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Do you want to play before August? Your problems are over!

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 12, 2021, 8:26:17 PM
DragonmasterKinch wrote:

What is the difference between an OpenDev and a closed Beta?

According to CatoNineTales on Discord, "Unlike with the OpenDev, we're not at a stage anymore where we feel we may need to completely redo systems or add more systems. (And we would probably be too close to release to do so anyway) "

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 13, 2021, 12:05:38 AM
RGStreagy wrote:

How will we be able to join it? 

Neteras wrote:

How will we be able to join it?

@RGStreagy and @Neteras According to the official Twitter account, by pre-ordering it on Steam, link: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1124300/HUMANKIND/

or Epic Games Store, link: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/humankind--digital-deluxe

Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/humankindgame/status/1403785458585423874

I quote:

Humankind @humankindgame wrote:
Play through 5 eras of human history in HUMANKIND's upcoming Closed Beta!

Gain access by pre-purchasing on @Steam or
@EpicGames Store, and coming to a cloud near you
with @NVIDIAGFN.

Tune in to the #PCGamingShow tomorrow for more info! 

BUT that is not all !!! According to the info text on the official YouTube video channel, also via Twitch drops, link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcaNWBWGB-Y

I quote:

Humankind wrote:
Play through 5 eras of human history in the HUMANKIND™ Closed Beta. To gain access, pre-purchase HUMANKIND on Steam or Epic Games Store and coming to a cloud near you with GeForce NOW OR watch Twitch streams with OpenDev key drops enabled

However the advantage with pre-ordering is of course that You won't have to wait and find Twitch Streamers streaming Humankind with drops enabled and watch them for 3 hours to start playing the "Closed Beta" version of Humankind. You can jump right in as soon as it is active (which is still to be announced when that is), if You have pre-ordered the game

So, according to that info, once it is started You can either gain access to the Closed Beta directly by pre-ordering Humankind, or watch various streamers that has Humankind "!drops" enabled to gather points towards the drop. Usually that means watching streamers for a total of 3 hours. You can switch and watch different streamers to accumulate the 3 hrs that unlocks earning the drop. As I said that is how it usually have worked anyway. 

Usually alot of Twitch Streamers have "!drops" enabled during these events. Like @DevildogFF/eXplorminate, @MordredViking, @Enigmaticrose4, @LordLambert, @2DKiri, @WritingBull, @shenryyr, @Munchie, @Venalis, @Cringer, @bokoen, @RepublicOfPlay, @Gigau and so many others. At least these streamers have streamed Humankind during previous OpenDevs as well as have had "!drops" enabled. The list would be enormous if I tried to list all streamers who have streamed Humankind in the past. 

Also I assume the various content creators that have unlockable in-game avatars, might have the drops for those activated as well. So time to earn those unlocks as well. Unless You already have them all. In game Avatars from:

@Marbozir

@Shurjoka - A new unlockable avatar (I think) from a German streamer.

@Lomadiah 

@BurkeBlack 

@quill18 

@Lewis - Usually earnable via the Yogcast Twitch Channel whenever they stream any Humankind content.

@GamerZakh 

@ZeratoR 

@The Spiffing Brit - Usually You can earn his via the Amplitude Twitch Stream on Thursdays, during these events.

@Le Jour The Grenier 

To unlock the content creators Avatars You need to watch each streamer exclusively for 1 hr (I think it has been in the past anyway). You can only earn and unlock for example GamerZakh's Avatar by acctually watching GamerZakh streaming Humankind gameplay.

I would also imagine that Amplitude/Humankind will have "!drops" enabled on their stream during the upcoming Thursday.

I hope some will find all the above info helpful. 

As usual You must link Your Games2Gether account to Your Twitch account to activate those unlocks from "!drops". Also link Your Steam account to Your Games2Gether account. Then once they are fully earned on Twitch, usually You once more need to refresh the link between Your Twitch account to Your Games2Gether account. Then refresh the link between Your Games2Gether and Your Steam account. Just to be sure the latest drops are activated and accessible.

Note: Do note that the event is NOT live yet (when I'm writing this). Like @docktorkain wrote, it will be announced with more details, so keep Your eyes peeled. Maybe at the PC Game Show live stream on Sunday, or Humankinds official Twitter Account etc, for more details. Due to NDA I can not give any more details at this point. All info included in this post has already been officially announced and released by Amplitude at this point in time.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message