Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

What cultures do you want to be added into the game post release?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 11:39:56 AM

Given that all 60 cultures that will be avaliable in the launch have now been revealed, which cultures do you want to see added into the game in the future?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 12:50:08 PM

Extra cultures would be great, and could still be limited to a random 10 per era which would add some variability to the game [same with extra wonders].

My vote for an extra culture would be the Anasazi -- available as one of the first should have some sort of incentive to place their city centers on tiles next to cliffs or mountains, Probably an agricultural or builder focus. They're also an ancient North American civ, which is lacking in the first 10. No idea for unique unit but District would be the "Great House" or "Kiva"

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 1:01:41 PM

Two other possibilities for Ancient era cultures would be the Minoans (Scientific) or the Sanxingdui -- though they might be difficult as so little is known about them.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 1:17:26 PM

Parthians, Portuguese, Maori, Sikhs, Argentines, Majapahit, Swedes of the Gustav Adolf era, Saudi Arabs, Israelis, Boers, South Africans.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 1:44:25 PM

A short lived empire, but nonetheless important, was the Han empire. It would make a great addition to the Classical Era. The focus of the cultures leans heavily toward the West. As DLC comes down the pipeline, I hope there will be more diversity.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 3:02:08 PM

I am waiting for them to add Incas, which they soft confirmed for a DLC and I would love if they added Tang dynasty for medieval. I think these two cultures are so versatile, Incas could be expansionist, agrarian or even builder (my personal pick would be expansionist) and Tang could probably be aesthete (it is widely regarded as the peak of ancient chinese artistic achievement) but since Zhou and Ming are already aesthetes I could see scientist (invented wood block printing), merchant (re-opened the silk road, also had massive sea trade going as far as Africa and Persia and had a robust banking system), agrarian or expansionist. Their unique quarter could be the stone pagoda such as the ones found in Xi'an and other parts of Shaanxi. Unique unit could be repeating crossbowmen, ji armies, the black ironclad cavalry or the fire lance.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 4:39:39 PM
Grathocke wrote:

A short lived empire, but nonetheless important, was the Han empire. It would make a great addition to the Classical Era. The focus of the cultures leans heavily toward the West. As DLC comes down the pipeline, I hope there will be more diversity.

Industrial era could need more non european based cultures, if you count Russia as european, 6 out of the 10 cultures in industrial era is european. Also the era lack an culture with the merchant affinity.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 3, 2021, 4:51:56 PM

Also for ancient era I would love to see the Caral culture (sometimes referred as Norte Chico, particularly in English sources). They could do a Perú culture evolution starting with Caral in ancient > Nazca or Moche in classical > Huari or Tihuanaco in medieval and Incas in early modern (I am assuming Incas would be in early modern since they are classified as an early modern IP currently).

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 4, 2021, 9:31:00 PM

Some of my wrong predictions were Inca, Kongo and Majapahit for Early Era, Meiji Japanese and Gran Colombia for Industrial and South Africa, Khaleeji, Yugoslav and Maghrebi for Contemporary Era. I really wanted some sort of Polynesian civ but with how navy is underwhelming rn, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea. Bohemia or Vietnam would feel like Militarist version of Teutons and China. Maybe one Nigeria (Nok, Sokoto or modern day Nigeria) would be nice too.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 5, 2021, 12:45:36 PM

I'd love to see the Vucedol culture and Indigenous Australians, both in ancient era. Some very interesting cultures to explore imo. Yugoslavia sounds great for contemporary era, and we could maybe do with another Slavic culture in the medieval and even classical eras (medieval Croatia would be my dream; it was actually a very significant political power of the time); right now there are no Slavs until the early modern era.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 5, 2021, 1:34:38 PM

I would like to see represented dardanians, illyrians or some other balkan culture. But what I definitely would like to see are Polynesian cultures and other cultures that depend on their naval expertise, Indonesia could be a great example of that.

I love naval cultures!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 5, 2021, 3:24:14 PM

Right now there are only 3 cultures with an emblematic harbors and those are in ancient, classical and medieval era.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 9, 2021, 1:23:04 PM
Sewata wrote:

I would like to see represented dardanians, illyrians or some other balkan culture. But what I definitely would like to see are Polynesian cultures and other cultures that depend on their naval expertise, Indonesia could be a great example of that.

I love naval cultures!

Yes, Balkans please! Aside from the Greeks, I find it's usually one of the most overlooked parts of the world, and certainly the most overlooked part of Europe.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 8:50:03 AM

PAKISTAN ffs its a nuclear nation yet both civ or amplitude havent added it , hopefully amplitude can change that .

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 10:11:56 AM

"Eternal Dictators Pack" concept ideas: Germans(Adolf Hitler), Italians(Benito Mussolini), North Koreans(Kim Il-sung/Kim Jong-il/Kim Jong-un), Zimbabweans(Robert Mugabe), Iraqis(Saddam Hussein), Libyans(Muammar al-Gaddafi), Spanish(Francisco Franco), Vietnamese(Ho Chi Minh), Japanese(Hideki Tōjō), Cambodians(Pol Pot), Cubans(Fidel Castro)

I'm sure the introduction of some of these cultures as a DLC would "enrich" Contemporary Era gameplay. We definitely need some "villains of the world"!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 25, 2021, 1:45:19 PM
200mm wrote:

"Eternal Dictators Pack" concept ideas: Germans(Adolf Hitler), Italians(Benito Mussolini), North Koreans(Kim Il-sung/Kim Jong-il/Kim Jong-un), Zimbabweans(Robert Mugabe), Iraqis(Saddam Hussein), Libyans(Muammar al-Gaddafi), Spanish(Francisco Franco), Vietnamese(Ho Chi Minh), Japanese(Hideki Tōjō), Cambodians(Pol Pot), Cubans(Fidel Castro)

I'm sure the introduction of some of these cultures as a DLC would "enrich" Contemporary Era gameplay. We definitely need some "villains of the world"!

Not sure this fits into humankind since they just present you with a culture and then you can decide how libertarian or totalitarian you want it to be with the ideological axes through civics and random events.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 26, 2021, 4:27:54 AM

Scythians; a powerful, unique nomadic culture that was among the first to master mounted warfare. They'd probably have an outpost replacement, like similar nomadic cultures. Probably put them in the ancient era.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 26, 2021, 2:09:52 PM
roger212 wrote:
"Eternal Dictators Pack" concept ideas [...]

Yeah, about that, I'm not on the design, or executive side, so I might be wrong, but I really don't think we we'll ever do that in Humankind. While its fun to have an über villain in a sci-fi or fantasy setting, taking real, modern (or early modern) dictators would be kinda distastefull.

Plus as roger pointed out, Humankind doesn't really work with leader (unlike the *other* historical 4X that I won't name) but with cultures, and having Hitler in-game would clearly be tone-deaf, having nazi germany as a culture would be even worse.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message