Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Hello Everyone, I Was Wondering What Everyone's Looking Forward To In The Game?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 17, 2021, 4:25:20 AM

Hey everyone! How's everyone's summer going? Good I hope! I wanted to ask what everyone is looking forward to in the game? Like, what feature are you most excited about for Humankind? For example, for me, its gotta be nukes, or the map features that'll be added. 

Anyways, I just wanted to get an idea on what everyone was looking forward to for the game and all, have a wonderful day and a great rest of your summer! :D

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 17, 2021, 9:35:05 AM

I'm simply looking forward to playing the game with all the eras available, being able to create my own avatars, selecting my opponents and having a new map generated each time I start a game. That's all that matter to me at this point. Of course, I hope it all works and is reasonably well balanced.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 17, 2021, 9:59:15 AM

Hey guys,

I am looking forward to the battle mechanics with the reinforcement options as well as the map features and terrain that will make the game strategically more complex and fun :).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 17, 2021, 6:29:32 PM
pnedelchev_bg wrote:

Hey guys,

I am looking forward to the battle mechanics with the reinforcement options as well as the map features and terrain that will make the game strategically more complex and fun :).

Yeah, for me personally, the map terrains look beautiful, and I hope the devs maintain that, as it looks pretty amazing! Also, I mean, who doesn't love the fact they're adding nukes! It's really cool! Anyways, I myself am a civ fan, but I think humankind, if developed properly, could be the new civ pretty easily, which is also awesome.  

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 17, 2021, 7:07:37 PM

What I'm looking forward to is colonization, world wars and cold war situations. :D

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 18, 2021, 5:49:44 AM

I'm looking forward to learning to navigate and fight on the topography of the map. I bet there will be some real fun defensive choke points possible.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 1:13:41 AM
Grathocke wrote:

The best part of nukes is never using them!

Exactly! I totally plan to store my nuclear weapons and I definitely don't intend to not intend to maybe don't launch my nuclear weapons at some point in the game! Ah, that would just be silly!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 1:15:51 AM
ghostrider6 wrote:

To its release.

Yeah, august 17th is on my calendar! 

I swear if they delay it again-

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 1:59:58 AM
PotatoesAreFrenchFries wrote:
ghostrider6 wrote:

To its release.

- then we'll wait until December or January next year. :D Yes, it will be very disappointing if it is delayed yet again. I have no idea at all if it will release as scheduled or if it will be delayed another 3-4 months. I wasn't expecting it to be delayed back in April because they similarly stayed silent on the matter in spite of community concerns and then just dropped the hammer out of the blue.

They're not exactly trumpeting the game online at the moment and we're a month out now. This is a pretty important launch, not just for them, but for us as well so where are all the promotional videos and posts? When they start appearing, I'll feel a bit more confident the launch is close. If there is not a definitive announcement from Amplitude that the game will release next month on schedule, I'll expect a similar 'surprise' right up until launch day. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 4:19:02 AM
Kutuzov wrote:
ghostrider6 wrote:

To its release.

- then we'll wait until December or January next year. :D Yes, it will be very disappointing if it is delayed yet again. I have no idea at all if it will release as scheduled or if it will be delayed another 3-4 months. I wasn't expecting it to be delayed back in April because they similarly stayed silent on the matter in spite of community concerns and then just dropped the hammer out of the blue.

Maybe a January release date would give them enough time to perfect their Denuvo implementation that they want so much... Just a few more months.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 4:58:07 AM

I don't know. I think they were pretty clear that it won't be in the game at launch whether it's next month or Christmas or next year.

In spite of my skepticism, I do actually think this game will be released in August for several reasons but also because you might actually be right, a further long delay might allow them to implement it properly and then I think they would do so. And that's maybe why they said 'at launch'. They have already decided internally that it will launch next month.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 5:01:17 AM
AOM wrote:
Kutuzov wrote:
ghostrider6 wrote:

To its release.

Maybe a January release date would give them enough time to perfect their Denuvo implementation that they want so much... Just a few more months.

Yeah patience is important, I didn't mean to put any pressure on the devs, just, I'd appreciate if they could just be more honest with all the release date and all, I mean, isn't that important as well? Then again, a good game is better then a bad one made quickly, so I guess we'll just see what happens. :D

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 5:06:21 AM
NicYEET wrote:

What I'm looking forward to is colonization, world wars and cold war situations. :D

Yeah I'd love to see a cold war situation in game and how it'd play out, and I definitely probably won't launch the nukes in that scenario of gameplay. ;)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 7:35:09 AM

The things I am most looking forward to are the things that eliminate my biggest pet peeves from Civ.

Namely:

1. No city spam. I like the one city per province with sprawl, rather than an infinite number of cities clustering around blocking all the good land
  2. Geographies that make sense like rivers that flow into the sea, many levels of mountains, and provinces that logically make sense for borders (may not be perfect but infinitely better than Civ's)
  3. Armies groups that make sense (plus the fun battle mechanics), rather than spam amounts of single units.
Just thinking about it. They literally read my mind in terms of what I didn't like about civ and made new mechanics about it.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 19, 2021, 5:14:34 PM
Dayvit78 wrote:

The things I am most looking forward to are the things that eliminate my biggest pet peeves from Civ.

Namely:

1. No city spam. I like the one city per province with sprawl, rather than an infinite number of cities clustering around blocking all the good land
  2. Geographies that make sense like rivers that flow into the sea, many levels of mountains, and provinces that logically make sense for borders (may not be perfect but infinitely better than Civ's)
  3. Armies groups that make sense (plus the fun battle mechanics), rather than spam amounts of single units.
Just thinking about it. They literally read my mind in terms of what I didn't like about civ and made new mechanics about it.

Yeah, in civ the cities didn't exactly make much sense, and while the texture was okay, I LOVE what humankind did with the geology of the terrain, and the province Idea was honestly pretty genius as well. :)

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 20, 2021, 2:28:14 AM
Dayvit78 wrote:

Namely:

Yeah, in civ the cities didn't exactly make much sense, and while the texture was okay, I LOVE what humankind did with the geology of the terrain, and the province Idea was honestly pretty genius as well. :)

One man's peeve is another man's pleasure, I suppose. I know we've been asked to say what we're excited about with this game and I respect that but as I am a long time Civ fan and still am, I feel I have to say that the city placement has always been a huge positive for me, especially after cultural borders were introduced in Civ 3. The cities are an enormous part of the charm of the game and that's the way a lot of 4x games do it too. It's nice to have something different and of course, some people will think A is (much) better than B but neither makes much sense if you are fair.

The province system isn't particularly genius in that pretty much everything about it has been done before, either in Endless Legend or in Age of Wonders Planetfall and maybe in another game or franchise that I haven't seen or have forgotten about. What is unique or genius is that we can detach outposts and create cities instead. But the large cities / colonies that span and control several provinces was a Planetfall thing before I even heard of Humankind and the game actually looks a lot like Planetfall does when zoomed out. Yes, there are some small but very important differences like being able to place your cities and districts anywhere in the province and not on a fixed point but I'm talking about the idea of 'cities' expanding to include several provinces and benefiting from any resources in these provinces. It's not that new at all. Actually, EL's Inferno DLC gave us the Kapaku and their golem district which allows us to place down a district that garners the resources adjacent to it so that's not an entirely fresh idea either. To me, these systems are evolutions of other systems.

The same applies to the Army groups that are unpacked onto a tactical map. Endless Legend and Age of Wonders both had these stacks that unpacked onto a tactical map, the big difference between the two being that EL used the actual 3-D map to create the tactical map while AoW had very large, and very beautiful tactical battle maps.

But I otherwise understand and share the enthusiasm and excitement. 

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 22, 2021, 6:24:12 AM
Kutuzov wrote:
Dayvit78 wrote:

Namely:

One man's peeve is another man's pleasure, I suppose. I know we've been asked to say what we're excited about with this game and I respect that but as I am a long time Civ fan and still am, I feel I have to say that the city placement has always been a huge positive for me, especially after cultural borders were introduced in Civ 3. The cities are an enormous part of the charm of the game and that's the way a lot of 4x games do it too. It's nice to have something different and of course, some people will think A is (much) better than B but neither makes much sense if you are fair.

The province system isn't particularly genius in that pretty much everything about it has been done before, either in Endless Legend or in Age of Wonders Planetfall and maybe in another game or franchise that I haven't seen or have forgotten about. What is unique or genius is that we can detach outposts and create cities instead. But the large cities / colonies that span and control several provinces was a Planetfall thing before I even heard of Humankind and the game actually looks a lot like Planetfall does when zoomed out. Yes, there are some small but very important differences like being able to place your cities and districts anywhere in the province and not on a fixed point but I'm talking about the idea of 'cities' expanding to include several provinces and benefiting from any resources in these provinces. It's not that new at all. Actually, EL's Inferno DLC gave us the Kapaku and their golem district which allows us to place down a district that garners the resources adjacent to it so that's not an entirely fresh idea either. To me, these systems are evolutions of other systems.

The same applies to the Army groups that are unpacked onto a tactical map. Endless Legend and Age of Wonders both had these stacks that unpacked onto a tactical map, the big difference between the two being that EL used the actual 3-D map to create the tactical map while AoW had very large, and very beautiful tactical battle maps.

But I otherwise understand and share the enthusiasm and excitement. 

Totally understand, I think provinces solve my anxiety, the whole slow city expansion thing just makes me feel, anxious, for some reason, probably why I like the province system I guess. :D Either way, they are both really well made systems, and also, I mean, the textures in the game are honestly awesome, I think august 17th is on my calendar either way.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message