logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

3 weeks and counting down till release

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 27, 2021, 6:43:50 PM

Too bad the holiday season is basically over by the time it comes out. Going to have a hard time to convince my boss to give me a day or two off so I can start my inevitable addiction.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 27, 2021, 7:05:47 PM

But oddly, almost no advertising, almost no social interaction, no posts. Where's all the marketing hype? It's all kind of weird.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 28, 2021, 5:16:08 AM
ilovemnms wrote:

Can't wait :)

I have a therapy appointment when the game comes out, I think it's on the 17th of next month?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 28, 2021, 8:40:05 AM
Kwami wrote:

But oddly, almost no advertising, almost no social interaction, no posts. Where's all the marketing hype? It's all kind of weird.

Same impression here, since end of closed beta there wasn't any new info, news, etc. Would love more interaction to keep the hype train running!! ;)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 29, 2021, 4:54:38 AM
Kwami wrote:

... maybe they learned their lesson in April and aren't announcing anything until they decide they don't need to delay it again.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 29, 2021, 7:27:25 AM
PotatoesAreBland wrote:
0Send private message

As far as I know the game won't be delayed, in April we knew we needed a delay, we just didn't knew how much we would get but here we are doing the final stretches for august.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 30, 2021, 12:10:05 PM

idk, ever since Hello Games's failed delivery of No Man's Sky and the "everyone on the internet hates them" period, I've come to appreciate that sometimes no publicity is good publicity. When they were working on the game and not saying anything at all it was better than them doing the interviews and giving wrong impressions.

Not that I'm saying that you guys will have a failed launch or anything, the betas are a good sign you won't because you're actively working on the game :)

The Engoodening of No Man's Sky - YouTube

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 1, 2021, 6:36:40 AM

While on the topic of time to release, is there an official exact time for the game to go live? Right now we have the date, but it would be disheartening if it turns out, time zones or the like makes it so I have to wait another day. Not that it would matter much in the big picture of course, but would be nice to know nevertheless

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 1, 2021, 1:16:54 PM

I’m not sure what time the game will release…

I’m personally rooting for it to release globally midnight Japan time.  I don’t think it will, but it could make sense to do it this way because:

Amplitude’s parent company Sega is a Japanese company so releasing it in their time zone would make sense.

If they did, they could announce the release time via a sketch of Horatio at the Olympics with Sonic the Hedgehog giving him a copy of Humankind.

We could play the game early. (yay!)  [The real reason I want this.]

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 2, 2021, 4:21:47 PM

Honestly, if the all the opendevs and the closed beta are anything to go by they will release the game at 00:00 Central European Time.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message