Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

What is Stability "Base Value" referencing for cities?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 9:16:11 PM

Hello, I can't figure out where this stability modifier is coming from. Most of them are explanatory: territories, districts. But my cities have MASSIVE negative base values. Only thing I've found searching is that they can have negative stability modifiers for turns with negative influence or money income but I've never had that. Here are screenshots of my capital and then just another random city, but every one of my cities has a big modifier like this and they're all different but around -450 to -500

I was going to post it in bugs but it's called out so it must refer to something. All the numbers seem screwy now that I'm looking at it though, I have no idea how I could have +1144 from districts

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 9:19:34 PM

That's really badly displayed on the UI, but that's the how much Stability you have over 100.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 9:21:00 PM
waven wrote:

That's really badly displayed on the UI, but that's the how much Stability you have over 100.

Ohhhh. Wow yea that is... not clear. Thank you though. It's baffling that I was struggling to be around 50 stability on those cities a few turns ago then, but at least I know that metric now.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 24, 2021, 9:21:43 PM

Luxury Manufactury and, Luxury Resources are sub categories of District.

"Base Value apears to be a fudge factor to make sure your total doesn't go to more than 100.

It has been seen as high as +31, so it has some maximum value, but if everything else adds to above 100, it is the fudge factor   (it also appears to work as a fudge factor to make sure your total isn’t less than 0)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 12:40:56 AM

I'm still unclear.

In those examples above, how much "extra" stability does he have? How much stability can he lose before he starts dropping below 100? That's really the only number we care about.

Do we have to add up all of those manually?
Why don't they just display total stability, even if it's over 100. Again, so we can know how much stability we can lose before it starts becoming a problem.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 2:41:03 AM

Base value is always 40 + a fudge factor if your 'total' would be above 100 or below 0.  So if your total would be 110%, "Base Value" would be 30 (40 + -10).  The screenshot means your Stability total is 514 above 100% (-554 + 40).

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 7:55:02 PM

When I have started my game with only one city the stability base value was 10. After attaching an one outpost it increases to 30. After building of egyptian pyramids district the value increases to 40. After building another district it remains at 40. I have builder affinity it should increases to 50? I don't understand it.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 9:10:30 PM
paxis76 wrote:

When I have started my game with only one city the stability base value was 10. After attaching an one outpost it increases to 30. After building of egyptian pyramids district the value increases to 40. After building another district it remains at 40. I have builder affinity it should increases to 50? I don't understand it.

When Starting with one city, you had 

50 (capital)

40 (Ideologies)

"40" (Base Value)

total of 130 so "Base Value" had 30 subtracted and changed to 10

Adding an Outpost added -20

so 

Total was 110.... "Base Value" had 10 subtracted and changed to 30

Add 1 District added -10*

Total was 100 so Base value stays at 40

Add 1 more district another -10*

Total was 90 so Base Value stays at 40 (Base Value doesn't get added to unless your Target stability is below 0)

* you might think but adding a District should give me 10?

All the numbers we are talking about so far are your Target Stability

Your city has a Current Stability (what the stability is right now) and a Target Stability (what it will be eventually)

Every turn your Current Stability adds or subtracts 5 to move to your Target Stability.

However, everytime an industrialist builds a District, their Current Stability has 10 added.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 22, 2021, 6:13:33 PM

@Krikkitone Thanks for your explanation. I think I am beginning to understand it.

So the max value for "base value" is 40.

To know how many "stability I have over 100% I should calculate the difference between "base value" and 40. For example in my previous email short after building the city I had 40-10=30 stability over 100% . (similar calculation from @Bridger ).

To make the long story short: "base value" is the best indicator for stability reserve. Why they put the "40" is a big mystery for me. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 22, 2021, 8:31:39 PM

I agree it is a really bad idea.  They should have had "Base Value"=40 (for balancing) and then just have 140% Stability as the target (but never let Current stability go above 100% or below 0%)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 22, 2021, 9:47:01 PM

Wow... I had looked at that stability hovertip numerous times trying to figure out my excess stability and couldn't figure this out. This is really awful UI. Please devs, just report the total stability somewhere even if it's over 100. It's obvious enough that the current stability will be capped at 100. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message