logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Cant use historic religions?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 5, 2021, 7:39:07 AM

Hey guys :) 

Anyone else have/know how to fix an issue where you cant use the historic religion names mechanic? I heard that you could change the name of your religion to a select few historic ones and that would give aesthetic changes to holy sites, but I haven't been able to get this to work. 

I've tried on multiple saves and every time it just says "Cannot be done as this name is already used", but this is the same for all historic examples even though none exist in my game. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 5, 2021, 7:44:33 AM
There should be a drop-down menu next to your religion name when choosing a tenet. It is a bit convoluted and restricted considering that every religion has its unique looking Holy Site and there are some events related to those religions. Probably would help if AI would choose that option as well, to signal to players that it exists (something like "Nubian Polytheism chose a new Tenet and evolved into Shintoism").
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 5, 2021, 7:45:30 AM

Hey Apotheosis

you choose historic religions in a different way, not by renaming. When your religion is strong enough that you can choose a tenet, there is a dropdown above the holy site graphic in the middle of the screen. There you can choose one of the historic religions. That changes the name, the holy site graphic, and allows specific events to happen.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 5, 2021, 8:01:53 AM

Ahhh thanks! Yeah I tried looking for it on the tenets screen earlier but didn't realise it had to be done when choosing a tenant.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 6, 2021, 11:59:01 PM
Siptah wrote:

Hey Apotheosis

you choose historic religions in a different way, not by renaming. When your religion is strong enough that you can choose a tenet, there is a dropdown above the holy site graphic in the middle of the screen. There you can choose one of the historic religions. That changes the name, the holy site graphic, and allows specific events to happen.

Siptah, could you tell wich events are tied for those choices, just names of it, cause it's hard to tell without knowing full event list.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 7, 2021, 7:31:06 AM

When the "faith" circle is full, you can choose a new bonus for your religion, and also change the "type" to use a different holy site.

(But you can always change the name)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 7, 2021, 7:43:21 AM
lordVigo wrote:

Siptah, could you tell wich events are tied for those choices, just names of it, cause it's hard to tell without knowing full event list.

I'm bad with remembering these, and the encyclopedia only has a full list of all events. Also, some seem to unlock only rarely, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen the one for Zoroastrism.

Some examples:

Taoism has one called "Lao Tzu's Command"

Buddhism has one called "A  Doctrine of Non-Violence"

Hinduism has "Vishnu vs. Shiva" (the only one that seems to unlock in every game in which I have a historical religion)

Christianity has one called "The Galileo Affair"

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 7, 2021, 5:19:24 PM

Judaism has an Event where you choose Legalism (Progressive) v. Kabalaa Mysticism (Tradition?Liberty)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 8, 2021, 1:05:19 AM
Siptah wrote:

Hey Apotheosis

WHAT!? I'm on my 5th playthrough and I also played both Lucy and Victor OpenDevs and this is the first I'm hearing this.  I always thought it dumb that I had Shamanism into the late 20th century.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 30, 2021, 9:37:45 PM
CovalianKing wrote:

??? I do not understand. 

When you add a Tenet to your religion, there is a drop box above the picture of your Holy Site, that drop box allows you to select a Historic Religion.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message