Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Seeing Our Opponent’s Civics Choices

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2021, 10:01:05 AM

One aspect of this game I was hoping to feel more impactful was how nations would be more or less willing to go to war over differences in governance, but as of now all I’ve read seen it affect is how an AI persona is likely to treat you. As of now it doesn’t feel like differences in civics choices have an impact on player to player relationships, and furthermore (unless I’m missing some interface option) it’s currently impossible to see what civics your opponents have picked. What’s the point of picking Imperialism vs Anti-Imperialism if I don’t have any damn clue who’s Imperialist or not? What’s the point of having a civics kinship or distrust of it only affects the AI’s (often very temporary) feelings towards me? I personally think there should be a way to see what civics your opponents have, and the differences in your civics choices should have a more obvious impact on diplomatic relations. This would help properly flesh out the diplomacy interactions, and actually let me make a reasonably educated decision on Civics like Imperialism or Anti-Imperialism.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2021, 10:29:43 AM

You can. in the civics screen.  If you open a civics choice, on the top you can see which empires have enacted that civics choice.  (It would be very useful to also have a list of all civics that a particular empire has enacted though)

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 16, 2021, 10:09:07 AM
Krikkitone wrote:

You can. in the civics screen.  If you open a civics choice, on the top you can see which empires have enacted that civics choice.  (It would be very useful to also have a list of all civics that a particular empire has enacted though)

You say at the top, the top where? I am not seeing this option, where is it specifically?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 6:35:34 PM
PhoenixStriker wrote:
You say at the top, the top where? I am not seeing this option, where is it specifically?

Icons at the top:

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 8:57:40 PM

Just saw it again myself…I think it only triggers for civics where you/the other empire influenced each other to demand a civics change.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message