Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Stadia update?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 18, 2021, 11:00:21 PM

The recent release note said the update was released to all platforms. What? Stadia version is still bugged, unbalanced, and I can’t even see the version of the game I'm playing. How many updates have I missed? Well, only God and devs will know. When I bought this game on Stadia, I recognized and agreed exactly what product I was buying, so it's okay evenif there are some (many, actually) contents not available on Stadia (no map editor, no custom map, no mod, silent and tiny “independent” server). But hey, late update and not a single piece of information about it? It is not cool.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 11:15:45 AM

I second this, I too am a Stadia player. I don't understand why our version doesn't at least have a version number somewhere. How do we know that our version is even being updated anymore?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 4:38:30 PM

I support this too.

Only a week before release it was revealed that Humankind won't support crossplay on Stadia. I bought it anyway because the ability to play everywhere is just to good.

But not getting any Updates at all? Come on. We even can't see our game version.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I assume fixing bugs and changing balance shouldn't be to much work when it is already done on another platform.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 8:35:07 AM

Me too.

Unfortunately, I am very disappointed. Great game, have a lot of fun, but that no map editor is included in the game should have been clearly communicated before the purchase. Not even a map import via G2G was implemented as with the AIs. This is very frustrating.

And now there are even problems when updating the Stadia version. That's all fine if you communicate it beforehand and try to explain it. But just ignoring the community I don't think is ok.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 10:46:22 AM

I am also very frustrated.
Not only that the version doesn't get any updates, but almost more so that we don't get a single feedback here.

It can't be that difficult to at least give feedback to your paying community.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 11:16:55 AM

I agree with these requests. Would also like to be able to acces the encyclopedia. But swift and transparent updates is just a necessity!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 3:53:26 PM

I too would like to know the version number and the status of updates on Stadia. I had some fun playing and streaming Humankind when I first got it, but I ran into a lot of issues, so I am waiting for updates to the Stadia version to try playing it some more.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 20, 2021, 4:42:44 PM

Thank you for all the replies, guys. I bought the GFN version (steam) too. Yeah, I paid a doubled price. It was so frustrating and full of disappointment, but.. this game is kinda fun, and the recent patch showed me a good possibility tho. I hope this good patch will be released soon to Stadia. And dear community master and Devs, please do not ignore this thread.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 10:10:39 AM

Nothing to add, all said.

+1 for this post. 

A fix or at least a reaction on what can be expected going forward would be great and highly appreciated.

Thanks.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 10:30:10 AM

Same here. Sure, as a Stadia user you are probably in a minority (which is largely due to Google's behavior), but we pay the same price. Some features of the game don't work at all, like mods and maps, the encyclopedia doesn't work because there is no internet (makes sense with Gamestreaming), you constantly have to log in to Games2Gether (which is really fun if the password isn't 1234). You don't know on which version number you are playing, when patches are coming you don't know either.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 11:24:36 AM

Today i get an answer via Mail:

Hello,
Thank you for your patience.
The current version on Stadia is 1.0.1.67.
The developers are already working on a patch for Stadia. Unfortunately, we currently have no information about when this will be released.
I hope this information is of use.

With kind regards
SEGA Customer Service

It is indeed as feared.
We are almost completely without a patch so far at Stadia, if you look at the current version mentioned.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 11:25:56 AM
pixelhusten wrote:

Same here. Sure, as a Stadia user you are probably in a minority (which is largely due to Google's behavior), but we pay the same price. Some features of the game don't work at all, like mods and maps, the encyclopedia doesn't work because there is no internet (makes sense with Gamestreaming), you constantly have to log in to Games2Gether (which is really fun if the password isn't 1234). You don't know on which version number you are playing, when patches are coming you don't know either.

Exactly, but in the end all more or less OK with me but not the patching part :(

What do you mean by log in to Games2Gether? Haven't seen that so far. So for me no additional login is required to start / play the game.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 11:59:05 AM

i bought on stadia, because, i don't want to buy a new pc to run recent games... and i love Amplitude Studio... but, on stadia, we paid for the same game. We need patch. We need to know the version of the game. we need map editor. we need to be able to add some new maps...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 12:27:11 PM

I'm a Stadia user, and pre-ordered Humankind to show my support both to the platform and the game developers. And despite the bugs and the missing features, I'm having a blast leading my people from Neolithic to Mars. However, I expect to be supported with the same level of commitment from the devs than the PC or Mac version, because I've bought the same game.

I know developing for several platforms can be a headache, and I'm prepared for some delays due to playing on a "minor" platform. But please keep us in the loop of patch development for Stadia, so we can schedule our night-long sessions and test all those fixes :).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 3:24:14 PM
DrNno wrote:

I'm a Stadia user, and pre-ordered Humankind to show my support both to the platform and the game developers. And despite the bugs and the missing features, I'm having a blast leading my people from Neolithic to Mars. However, I expect to be supported with the same level of commitment from the devs than the PC or Mac version, because I've bought the same game.

I know developing for several platforms can be a headache, and I'm prepared for some delays due to playing on a "minor" platform. But please keep us in the loop of patch development for Stadia, so we can schedule our night-long sessions and test all those fixes :).

Well said. I agree with this sentiment.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 10:26:29 PM

Spot on! I pre-ordered the game to show support for both the developers and the platform. I get that multi-platform is hard work, and that not all features will be available as OP said, and that's all fine. But sorry to say, the lack of any communication about the Stadia status and hiding our version number seems a bit deceitful :-(

I am still rooting for Amplitude and HumanKind, and I really hope this gets fixed soon.

DrNno wrote:

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 21, 2021, 10:58:48 PM

I used to play on PC for years but mostly play on next gen console now and don't wanna spend the money on a new pc to play these kinds of games so for me Stadia is perfect. I can play it on my note 20, on my chromecast, or on my older pc. I've even gotten several of my Playstation and xbox buddies to buy the chromecast Google TV specifically for this game. It would be a big letdown if we get treated like second class citizens on updates. I think more people would play this on stadia if they saw how well it works and word continues to get out like it did for my friends.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 22, 2021, 6:38:43 AM
ThymeTable wrote:

Spot on! I pre-ordered the game to show support for both the developers and the platform. I get that multi-platform is hard work, and that not all features will be available as OP said, and that's all fine. But sorry to say, the lack of any communication about the Stadia status and hiding our version number seems a bit deceitful :-(

I am still rooting for Amplitude and HumanKind, and I really hope this gets fixed soon.

DrNno wrote:

As I wrote above.
According to games-support, we play version 1.0.1.67. on Stadia. So it's more or less a Day 1 version...

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 22, 2021, 8:04:56 AM

Multiple threads for the same problem and no response from the devs for days :(

I did not play any humankind game for a week now. its so frustrating...

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message