Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Patch rythm

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 2, 2021, 9:02:54 AM

From other games you know it sometimes so that there are fixed patch rhythms. Does anyone know if there is or should be something like that in Humankind?

The last patch was a while ago. Is there a new patch coming in the near future or is there nothing known about it?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 2, 2021, 4:15:25 PM

The next patch will come late this month according to what I have heard other people tell and that information come from one of the recent streams the developers do.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 2, 2021, 4:26:38 PM

Late this month, we just entered October! Now gotta wait another 3-4 weeks... Did the devs say anything else about it during the live stream?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 3, 2021, 11:45:07 AM

They announced that in the first few weeks after release there will be a bug fixing patches - it turned out about once every 7-8 days. Then they announced the bigger September patch and said from now on they will be focusing on larger patches that will include balance changes and fleshing out some of the features.

For example in last patch they added naval landings on islands - previously it was impossible to start a siege against an island that had a district on every hex. They also enabled the mod.io database to use mods and maps.

I am hoping that in the next patch they will include the Day 1 official mod and some modding tools, along with the balance changes.

Expect one patch per month till the end of the year I would say, but it will be a bigger one.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 3, 2021, 2:57:36 PM

Thanks for the info - where do you guys get these Dev updates btw? I checked the Dev blog here but it hasn't been updated in a while and the steam news section still shows the patch update from two weeks ago

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 3, 2021, 3:09:57 PM
Melliores wrote:

They announced that in the first few weeks after release there will be a bug fixing patches - it turned out about once every 7-8 days. Then they announced the bigger September patch and said from now on they will be focusing on larger patches that will include balance changes and fleshing out some of the features.

For example in last patch they added naval landings on islands - previously it was impossible to start a siege against an island that had a district on every hex. They also enabled the mod.io database to use mods and maps.

I am hoping that in the next patch they will include the Day 1 official mod and some modding tools, along with the balance changes.

Expect one patch per month till the end of the year I would say, but it will be a bigger one.

A balance tool would be cool

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 3, 2021, 4:40:15 PM
Morgawr wrote:

Thanks for the info - where do you guys get these Dev updates btw? I checked the Dev blog here but it hasn't been updated in a while and the steam news section still shows the patch update from two weeks ago

There's an amplitude twitch stream. I didn't catch the stream in question, but someone else on the discord mentioned that a dev on the stream confirmed the September patch was delayed to the end of October. I didn't hear it personally, so this is second-hand info, would prefer if this was communicated either on the dev blog or forums, but here we are.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 4, 2021, 10:14:50 AM
cactapus wrote:
Morgawr wrote:

There's an amplitude twitch stream. I didn't catch the stream in question, but someone else on the discord mentioned that a dev on the stream confirmed the September patch was delayed to the end of October. I didn't hear it personally, so this is second-hand info, would prefer if this was communicated either on the dev blog or forums, but here we are.

Hey cactapus,
The patch from September was released 17 days ago. Regarding the next patch, we are aiming to release it at the end of the month.
For the streaming, you can check our schedule on Twitch :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 4, 2021, 3:35:41 PM

Will the patch only have bugfixes, or will it also include some much needed balancing ?

I mean the balancing in multiplayer is so bad atm, that certain civ's and game mechanics have to be banned outright.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 4, 2021, 9:41:12 PM
Daarkarr0w wrote:
cactapus wrote:
Morgawr wrote:

Hey cactapus,
The patch from September was released 17 days ago. Regarding the next patch, we are aiming to release it at the end of the month.
For the streaming, you can check our schedule on Twitch :)

Oh, sorry, since Cat-O-Nine-Tails had commented on the multiplayer thread that there would be a stability patch for MP in the second half of September. Given the patch you linked didn't address the MP stability issues myself and others must have assumed that content got delayed into the October patch? Though given the last comment on the topic was from a month ago, who knows?

Also that patch that was "released on all platforms" 17 days ago still hasn't been deployed to Stadia. So, maybe end of November? Jan 2022?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 5, 2021, 11:14:51 AM
Daarkarr0w wrote:
cactapus wrote:
Morgawr wrote:

Hey cactapus,

End of the month as in, October?! That's...a really long schedule :/

I love this game and it's ruined Civ for me, but there are some major balance issues that really need addressing. I've been checking daily for any update on the big balance patch you guys promised was going to come out in September and reading this is quite a disappointment. I worry because this is a great game but due to the aforementioned issues, your steam reviews are tanking and the daily active players has dropped off a cliff.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 5, 2021, 12:23:25 PM
cactapus wrote:
Daarkarr0w wrote:
cactapus wrote:
Morgawr wrote:

Hey cactapus,

Oh, sorry, since Cat-O-Nine-Tails had commented on the multiplayer thread that there would be a stability patch for MP in the second half of September. Given the patch you linked didn't address the MP stability issues myself and others must have assumed that content got delayed into the October patch? Though given the last comment on the topic was from a month ago, who knows?

Also that patch that was "released on all platforms" 17 days ago still hasn't been deployed to Stadia. So, maybe end of November? Jan 2022?

For some clarity:

• We were hoping to have first improvements to multiplayer in September, but unfortunately the only big issue we could solve was the Gamepass "You were forcibly disconnected from the game" issue, and some lobby-related issues. We're still working hard to fix the desync issues, but they have turned out more complicated than expected, and at this point I do not have any reliable estimate when they will be ready.
  • The balance efforts in the September patch were mostly focused on changing pollution so that it would not prematurely end the game anymore.
  • Yes, the next patch should also have balance changes, but I do not know the focus and extent yet.
  • The "All Platforms" in the patchnotes is incorrectly labeled, and we'll try to avoid that mistake in the future. Stadia patches take a bit of extra effort to port, so they will likely always be a little behind the PC version.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 5, 2021, 2:20:29 PM

Do we get any new features in the next patch? Just like we got coastal city siege in the last patch?

Maybe more customization options/modes when setting up a new game?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 5, 2021, 8:25:35 PM
The-Cat-o-Nine-Tales wrote:
cactapus wrote:
Daarkarr0w wrote:
cactapus wrote:
Morgawr wrote:

Hey cactapus,

For some clarity:

• We were hoping to have first improvements to multiplayer in September, but unfortunately the only big issue we could solve was the Gamepass "You were forcibly disconnected from the game" issue, and some lobby-related issues. We're still working hard to fix the desync issues, but they have turned out more complicated than expected, and at this point I do not have any reliable estimate when they will be ready.
  • The balance efforts in the September patch were mostly focused on changing pollution so that it would not prematurely end the game anymore.
  • Yes, the next patch should also have balance changes, but I do not know the focus and extent yet.
  • The "All Platforms" in the patchnotes is incorrectly labeled, and we'll try to avoid that mistake in the future. Stadia patches take a bit of extra effort to port, so they will likely always be a little behind the PC version.

Thanks for this update, really excited to see the patch! :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 6, 2021, 5:47:51 PM
GediminasLM wrote:

Do we get any new features in the next patch? Just like we got coastal city siege in the last patch?

Maybe more customization options/modes when setting up a new game?

its not really a new feature, but considered a bugfix rather as it was not an intended behaviour

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 6, 2021, 10:25:13 PM

Is the desync issue only related to players on Gamepass? My wife and I play (I have steam, she has it on Gamepass). Does playing multiplayer on steam only help the issue? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 6, 2021, 11:04:10 PM

Is there actually any reason to post anything right now, should just wait to after the patch? Like if I'm post a 20k character analys of a culture will that be obsolete straight away?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message