Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Are there any map settings which allow 18 Expansionist stars?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 11, 2021, 10:19:25 AM

I understand that map size and land percentage are what determine the number of territories needed for expansion stars, but I have not had any luck finding a setting which actually has enough territory to get all the stars?

I've tried several settings on Normal and smaller size maps, with no success. I haven't even bothered on larger maps as there just isn't enough culture to get to the numbers needed, at least not fast enough to stay somewhat close to the AI in terms of progression

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 12, 2021, 6:54:13 AM

Interesting. These are probably the most difficult stars to get. I played once on Endless Pace and noticed that I couldn't get even a single star for that. Don't remember precise numbers, but probably the 1st star in Ancient required 18 territories. This is nightmare.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 12, 2021, 12:40:30 PM

They need to change it to count any territory with one of your constructibles in it (so unattached Outposts).  Also, for the meantime you can either go Ming, or get the inherited land and get $

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 12, 2021, 1:53:37 PM
This post is not really about how to get them, more that I am looking for game settings which allow 18 stars. By allow I mean, there are more territories that exist on the map than are required to get the 18th star. For example, my last game I ran out of territory at 16 stars. Every territory in the world was attached to one of my cities, except one held by one AI player. In the Contemporary era, the second star requires 48 territories and there are only 45 on the whole map. I think it was a normal size map, 40% land, 2 continents.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 12, 2021, 3:36:27 PM

My previous save file has A small world size with 50% land generation, in a two player game, which gives me:

• 34*

As the minimum requirement for Gold Star in Expansion. 

That map has 32 maximum territories, so it is impossible to obtain all gold expansions stars. At least in that save.

[2 Player Save] Americans Picture Shot Ready.ctr

^The save file

So, on a small map with 50% land, you likely would need around [49] or so territories to assimilate in order to obtain all expansion stars.

*That last star being for the first bronze star in expansion, as I failed to find any more land on the map in order to obtain 35 expansions in the previous era.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 12, 2021, 8:46:44 PM

Have the devs acknowledged that the Expansion stars are the only ones that a player can't earn all of across the eras? Seems to me like an unintended problem in their formula.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 13, 2021, 6:26:14 AM

They can be earned on Large and Huge maps. You might also want to look at some custom maps as well on mod.io as they tend to keep the same ratio of water to land but assign more territories to land to make things more interesting.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 13, 2021, 12:43:01 PM

This game I got all stars possible and the settings I used should be shown in this video:

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 13, 2021, 4:47:21 PM
Goodluck wrote:

This game I got all stars possible and the settings I used should be shown in this video:

Thanks, I'll try those settings. Too bad it doesn't show a seed.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 14, 2021, 1:36:19 PM
Dunati wrote:

I could send you the seed.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 16, 2021, 8:01:38 AM

I think they key setting for this might be land percentage, world size and competitors. I am always playing on the lowest possible setting(30%), 10 competitors and i have no trouble getting all the stars. 

In my last game i got all of the gold stars in the contemporary era with probably only 1/3 of the world conquered and i even had some nonconnected islands, playing on a huge map.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 16, 2021, 12:54:15 PM

The game seed is 1394801643.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 19, 2021, 10:36:53 AM

Thanks, I ended up completing in with Huge/30%. Ended up being lots of extra territory at the end. You'd think Normal world size would work, but anything below Huge seems to be completely broken. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 19, 2021, 9:55:34 PM
Dunati wrote:

Thanks, I ended up completing in with Huge/30%. Ended up being lots of extra territory at the end. You'd think Normal world size would work, but anything below Huge seems to be completely broken. 

You’re welcome 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message