Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Fight or defend?

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Nov 30, 2021, 11:29:25 PM

Ok, I finally got over my "Oops! I messed up! / Oh, so that's how that works! Gotta start over" phase as a new player and decided to tough it out, win or lose. 

Surprisingly, in my current game I am "winning", at least Fame-wise. I just made it to the medieval period. (Harrapan>Celts>English, FYI). but I'm surrounded by enemies. There's an independent barbarian civ to my north and I was planning on using what forces I do have to get rid of them. I'm trying to raise my stability in my four cities but I might need more units. The AI civs to my northeast and west both seem to hate my guts and one of them declared war on me. I managed to destroy their first wave of attackers, but they'll be back, I'm sure. 

I don't even know what the AI's are pissed at me for. 

I'm wondering if I should build up some units and hunker down protecting my assets or attack the barbs as I planned. I'm pretty sure the AI to the west would take advantage of it if I spread my forces out by attacking either of my immediate enemies. I'm also concerned that my stability may fall if I don't devote time and production to it instead of troops. 

One way or another I guess I'll find out since I have to do something.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 1, 2021, 9:26:38 AM

Hey @d4everman,

Looks like you are in a potential difficult spot (emoji thinking).

What I will do is: if I have money/influence I will try to assimilate those barbarians and even pay for their troops (if I have money for it). As there is a probability that more AI decided to declare war to you I will leave a couple of troops near your cities and attack the AI you are at war, BUT, if more AI decided to declare war to you, I think the best strategy will be to defend yourself from them (unless your troops are far more advance than them, like having Musketeers against some Pikemen or Crossbowmen).

gl hf ^-^

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 1, 2021, 7:21:53 PM

The investment required to appease the tribes is not high, always do that first. Then you don't have to worry about the independent tribe attacking you anymore, and can decide later how to deal with them. Concentrate your forces on the real enemies, the AIs.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message