Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Together We Rule - Special Stream Schedule - Ask our Devs some questions!

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Oct 3, 2022, 3:50:50 PM

Hello everyone, 

It's official, our first expansion, Together We Rule, will be released on the 9th of November!

We want to celebrate this milestone with you. So, we planned to have on top of our regular schedule a few streams with some devs from the HUMANKIND team. They will go a little more in-depth on the work they did for this expansion. 

You can find the stream schedule for the next few weeks right here: 

Humankind Together We Rule Stream Schedule / Game Design 4 PM CEST Wednesday Oct. 12th / Art Design 4pm CEST Thursday Oct. 20th / History 4PM CEST Thursday Oct. 27th. Watch Live @Twitch.tv/AmplitudeStudios

We will be live on Twitch, YouTube and Steam

During those streams we will have some dedicated moments to answers your questions. So, feel free to drop your questions for these streams in this thread. We will welcome anything linked to Game Design, Art Design or History work on the Together We Rule expansion, or on HUMANKIND in general! :)

See you on the lives!  

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 6, 2022, 3:32:46 PM

How do you determine whether a new/reworked feature is worth keeping/improved further, or to be scrapped? When is this evaluation taken?

Are there any major features/updates coming to the current modding tools?

How long does it take an artist to create i.e. an unit card? What do the artists work on besides 2D art?

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 6, 2022, 4:56:29 PM

It's nice to have an official release date, I've been very excited for the expansion!

I guess I have couple questions, firstly I've been very curious about all the minutiae of detail about diplomats / leverage based units. I'm fascinated by the opportunities they present for the current game as an addition, and I wonder if they'll move like physical game pieces, or if they'll be relegated to menus only. I like the idea of the micro, but I understand if they're more of a plus/minus button on a city state or capital, etc. etc.

I'm really excited by the prospect of multiple empires contributing to events that occur in the game, and I'm wondering if we'll be able to tweak anything about our personas to bring their possible responses in line with our own, and if we'll see more of that in the future (I really like the idea of this, regardless of if we can customise persona responses, and I'd like to see more it).

This may have been posted / confirmed already, but will there be an option or opportunity to veto out of the world congress equivalent? Some people, not necessarily myself most games, prefer to not be involved in the federated aspect of play. I suppose, in this line of thinking, I'm curious if there'll be interactions such as forcing trade embargoes on member states that harm their economy based on majority vote, etcetera, etcetera.

As the game can involve up to ten players at a time, will there be forms of alliance that bind more than two players together in a federation or similar, that doesn't rely on the world congress aspect of the game?

And, lastly, I see this question asked a lot in the community, which is 'Will we see significant changes to religion in the future, in or out of a future expansion?'

I don't have many question on the art side of the game, but I'd still like to say that you're all doing fantastic work in that regard and I'm excited to see the new stuff. If anything, could we get some previews of the concept art that we might not otherwise see?

Also, glasses for player characters when? (I will die on this hill, and apologise in advance. I just want those sweet semi-rimless frames on my caveman onwards real bad.)

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 6, 2022, 5:41:26 PM

Great news ! Now we have a confirmed release date.

Though, I had hoped it came earlier, all for the better I guess !

I'll shoot mine as well, design and "work process" related : was these extended diplomatic mechanics intented and planned from the beginning as an expansion or/and did you used community's feedbacks to build it up ? Obviously, community's feedbacks have played a role, but since the game's launch, Devs keep reminding the community that there are a lot of features, enhancements (aka. "a lot more") to come.

So, to sum it up simply, is it more like a 50/50, 70/30, or 30/70 contribution (Devs/Community) ?

On the other hand, the large amount of influence gathered by the end of the game, seemingly useless, always made me think that there was a plan to use it for something else, which seems to be confirmed by the Congress of Humankind's mechanic.

I'm also interested about the Modding Tools : will it be updated to take this expansion into account ? Do you have plans to give more freedom with the Modding Tools regarding diplomatic status ? It would be really interesting, for instance, to test access to Emblematic Units with vassals as well.

On the avatar side, will there be new biases/strengths based on the Diplomatic affinity ? In the same manner, I bet we'll see new World Deeds. Congress of Humankind would supposedly be one of them ?

By the way, I love the new UI, it looks gorgeous and even more user friendly. I'm really eager to see how it feels in game.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 6, 2022, 5:57:18 PM

This expansion has a focus on diplomacy, will the new features allow for power blocs of nations (NATO, Warsaw Pact, Axis, Allies) as these have had a much larger impact on real life diplomacy than bodies such as the UN which the World Congress you are adding seems to be inspired by.

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 6, 2022, 6:40:33 PM

1) Will you take a look at the nuke status and rework/rebalance them for this expansion? In particular, their range (espescially on big map) seems far too limited and make them nearly completely unuseful.

2) Will you make another pass on the notification customization? The big popup at turn beginning can be particularly annoying at times (new tech, new era cinematics, etc..).

3) With the Congress will you implement some kind of "competitive" behaviors in your IA? Such as big alliance to better resist a dominating player for example.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 6, 2022, 9:17:29 PM

What will the improvements to Independent Peoples look like in the expansion? anything from this list? https://www.reddit.com/r/HumankindTheGame/comments/vpvb1y/compilation_of_independent_people_improvement/

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 7, 2022, 12:50:30 AM

I know you put pollution mechanic "on hold", but will new expansion cover this area as well? I'm thinking about limits on pollution, actions against top polluters etc.

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 7, 2022, 5:39:46 AM

'Usual suspects' questions for every team, in order:

- What's the most exciting part of the new expansion you can't wait to see in hands of players?

- What's the piece of new artwork you're most proud of? Which one was surprisingly quick to finish and, on a flip side, which took ages and just didn't want to sit right?

- Is there any particular historical event you tried to emulate with new mechanics? Was there any interesting bit of info that you only learnt while doing research for the expansion?

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 7, 2022, 12:39:35 PM

Will shared maps chains show your spies ?

The same way as they currently show your stealth units to your enemys

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 8, 2022, 4:31:42 AM

I know these questions are more general, but i would like to know if PC players are going to be able to play with consoles ones? I hope so.

, And for the design area, Will the embassies have a different and original style according to the cultures?

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 8, 2022, 6:57:14 AM

Do spy and diplomat artwork will be different depending on the region of your civilisation ?

Do you think we will get diplomatic civilisations on later events for free ?

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 11, 2022, 6:59:33 PM

Game Design Questions

-Will the expansion be supported with patches after launch, or will only the base game continue to receive patches?

-Benoit mentioned in the presentation stream that the developers want to design the DLC's to operate independently from each other. Because the Diplomatic Affinity is exclusive to this expansion, Does that mean there will not be more Diplomatic Affinity cultures in the future? 

-Are there plans to rework or massively overhaul the other in game systems in more future expansions?

Art Design Questions

- Are there plans to makes a physical art book for Humankind showcasing the concept art and illustrations? (If not please consider cause I'm a sucker for art books!)

-Can you show more old concept art from Humankind's development history?

-Can we get more time lapse videos of the process of making art for Humankind. I am an aspiring artist who works digitally, and I'd like to see a time lapse video so I can learn more about the process.

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 12, 2022, 5:48:46 AM

What are the chances today that we see a second expansion in a year from now?

I love this game and want to continue seeing it grow

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 14, 2022, 2:08:58 AM

Thanks for everything! Was third-party reinforcements and embassies mechanics you had planned early on, or did they emerge more recently in response to player feedback? 

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 20, 2022, 3:14:56 PM

As a Swiss i really love your decision to make the culture of our nation a part of your game. But i have to ask: Why did you make the swiss a diplomatic culture but put them in their most bloddy and undiplomatic era, the early modern? They only became neutral and diplomatic in the very end of that era.

0Send private message
a year ago
Oct 21, 2022, 5:18:01 PM

Came up with another one for the History stream:

Were there any close calls when choosing different Cultures for the expansion? Did you come up with two or more possible candidates for one era and you had to make some hard choices? Asking for TWR in particular, but other DLC packs count as well.

Also, it was fun to have it answered by the artists (even if I had a different question prepared for them, but they answered it indirectly during the stream anyway), so I'm pushing for this question to be asked again in this stream:

DNLH wrote:
- Is there any particular historical event you tried to emulate with new mechanics? Was there any interesting bit of info that you only learnt while doing research for the expansion?
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message