Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[Already deployed on base game] Hotfix 3 - Preview Branch - Holiday hotfix

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Dec 8, 2022, 3:03:17 PM

This patch is the current one on the base game.

Hello there,

As you know we have created a few weeks ago (after the release of TWR, Together We Rule, a preview beta for the upcoming hotfix available on Steam. You can access this by opening the Properties of Humankind in your Steam library, going to the betas tab, and selecting the update_preview branch.

We just updated it with the hotfix that will arrive before Christmas. Feel free to give it a try, especially for all the M1 players ^-^

If you use this preview, please remember to clearly mark this in the title if you file a bug report.

[1.0.20.3621] "Metternich Update Hotfix 3" Version Notes

CHANGES AND ADDITIONS

- Added M1 Mac compatibility. Please report any issue when playing on Macs with M1 processors.

- Added video tutorials for War Support, Third Party reinforcement, Embassies, The Congress of Humankind, and Agents.

- Balanced cultures for the Together We Rule Expansion pack and Embassies.

• Sumer EQ:
    • Removing "+3 Influence when an Intel is collected"
    • Adding "+5 Leverage against all known empires when the Eduba is built"
  • HanChina EQ:
    • Removing "+3 Industry"
    • Tweaking "+12 Science when an Intel is collected" (previous value = +3)
    • Allowed placing Paper Mills without adjacency to existing districts, as Hamlets. The River is still required
  • Bulgarian EQ:
    • Removing "-3 Influence"
    • Adding "+6 Influence when an Intel is collected"
    • Tweaking "+1 Stability per Territory following state religion" (previous value = +3)
  • Swiss EQ:
    • Removing "+3 money"
    • Adding "+1 money per Era Level"
    • Tweaking "+2 Farmer/Worker/Trader/Researcher Slot per corresponding adjacent quarter" (previous value = +1)
  • Swiss EU:
    • Tweaking the base CS of the Unit : 44CS  (previous value = 43CS)
    • Tweaking the price of the Unit (T3 -> T2) : 970 (previous value = 1945)
  • Singapore LT:
    • Tweaking "-50% on Absorb City cost" (previous value = -25%)
  • Singapore EQ:
    • Adding "+4 Influence per adjacent Common Quarter" 
    • Adding "Count as Market Quarter"
    • Removing "-10 Stability"
    • Tweaking the placement prerequisite: "Over any District that is Regular District" (previous value = Farmer Quarter)
  • Embassy :
    • Tweaking (reducing) the construction cost formula
    • Tweaking Stability Bonus: "+5 Stability per Era" (previous value: "+20 Stability")
    • Tweaking Influence Synergy: "+3 Influence per Era per adjacent District" (previous value: "+10 Influence per adjacent District")

CRITICAL FIXES

- Fixed several issues preventing the turns to pass.

- Fixed an issue were Battles were getting stuck after doing two airstrikes.

FIXES OF ISSUES SPOTTED BY THE COMMUNITY (THANKS!)

- Fixed an issue were Units were able to attack Units in the fog of war.

- Fixed an issue where the achievement "omnist" couldn't be unlocked

- Fixed an issue where the Event "Revenge of the Pharaohs" was not triggered in the correct order

- Fixed an issue where the effect on the geopolitical ideology axis of the "independent peoples" civic was not correct.

- Fixed an issue where placeholder text was displayed in the 3rd party reinforcement notification when the battle has ended.

- Fixed an issue where the tooltip for “Republic Evolution” was missing information on how to unlock it.

- Fixed an issue where whispers were visible to everyone in the multiplayer lobby.

- Fixed an issue where Tactical superiority bonus (Praetorian Guards) was wrongly applied when the unit is defending.

- Fixed an issue where false information was displayed in the tooltip when using a bomber to target an army that is too far away.

- Fixed an issue where sometimes army's paths were blocked by other armies hiding in the fog of war.

- Fixed an issue where English's Emblematic District "Stronghold" did not get benefit from the enacted choice "Public Security" from the "Fundamental values " Civic.

- Fixed an issue where too many error messages were displayed on the map size settings' tooltip when there were too many Empires in the lobby.

TOGETHER WE RULE FIXES (COMMUNITY AND DEVS)

- Fixed an issue where Diplomat era stars are not considered for all-era-stars end-game condition.

- Fixed an issue where, if a DMZ was applied on an outpost, the units on that territory would not get the trespassing status.

- Fixed an issue where hired mercenaries in a DMZ did not generate leverage if they were hired once the DMZ was already in place.

- Fixed the error message when an embassy agreement not being available was sometimes unclear.

- Fixed the price from Embassy Destroyed Demand.

- Fixed an issue where some "Together We Rule" Tutorials could not be reset.

- Fixed the fact that Units could still fly to disrupted Airport.

- Fixed instabilities occurring when using the DMZ on territories under the effects of "Cultural Affinity".

OTHER FIXES

- Fixed the localization of some effects given by Doctrines.

- Fixed an issue where Individualism intermediate Doctrine Effect was not applied correctly.

- Fixed an incorrect text displayed when declaring war against an Empire that has Vassals.

- Fixed the "Client State" treaty's description with independent people to make it more clear.

- Fixed the fact that attacking a district outside a siege was not damaging it.

- Fixed the "International Trading" Civic unlock condition, that could make it available earlier than expected.

- Fixed the trade of Resources that can not be bought after being trade with a Merchant Affiny Empire.

- Fixed an issue where Manufactory's resource requirement were sometime incorrectly calculated.

- Fixed a visual issue with Control Zone in battles.

- Fixed how the Ferocious army status is displayed as an unknown source of +1 strength.

- Fixed an issue where, when trying to embark on a coastal waters tile hidden in Terra Incognita, an anchor icon was displays instead of Tech requirement message.

- Fixed how the Hero Combat Strength bonus against traitorous empires was labelled "Unknown".

- Fixed an issue where "merge" or "attach" was possible when a City was occupied.

- Fixed an issue where name reserved by the OS (Operative System) in saves were allowed, leading to saves corruption > now that name will lead you to an error message

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 8, 2022, 5:39:31 PM

Looks good, I'll wait until you fix an issue with spies corrupting save files though, wish it'd be the next patch.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 8, 2022, 9:17:09 PM

I cannot play this version (update preview, steam) on M1 Pro (8-Core GPU). After the intro sequence it stays in a pink screen (without and with Rosetta).

I tried it with one 4k screen, two 4k screens and the build-in MacBook-Screen. Same result.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 9, 2022, 2:54:58 AM

This is awesome. Thank you for keep working on these bugs. Love the buffs too. Now time to buff some of the lesser cultures in the base game.

The airstrike bug happened many times to me

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 9, 2022, 9:50:51 AM
Kyell wrote:

I cannot play this version (update preview, steam) on M1 Pro (8-Core GPU). After the intro sequence it stays in a pink screen (without and with Rosetta).

I tried it with one 4k screen, two 4k screens and the build-in MacBook-Screen. Same result.

Okay we are working on it, thx for letting us know.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 9, 2022, 4:57:56 PM
Kyell wrote:

Same on M1 Max 64GB on macOS Ventura 13.0.1

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 10, 2022, 8:16:29 PM

Short test: With the todays patch I can start and play Humankind using M1 natively. The first minutes works well, including a few battles.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 11, 2022, 1:10:13 PM

Yeah, kind weird that there was a patch today. Version is now 1.0.20.3626 which is a minor build number increase to the previous.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 11, 2022, 4:28:09 PM

Version 1.0.20.3626 also seems to work fine for me, no more pink screen.  

One issue, though, seems to be that setting 'Quality Level' to 'Fantastic' results in the main screen results in a 'grey screen' in the background.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 12, 2022, 9:55:06 AM
Kyell wrote:

Short test: With the todays patch I can start and play Humankind using M1 natively. The first minutes works well, including a few battles.

TheCivEngineer wrote:

Version 1.0.20.3626 also seems to work fine for me, no more pink screen.  

One issue, though, seems to be that setting 'Quality Level' to 'Fantastic' results in the main screen results in a 'grey screen' in the background.

Nice to hear that you could play
Did you encounter any terrain rendering issues while in battle?

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 12, 2022, 3:26:37 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:

Nice to hear that you could play
Did you encounter any terrain rendering issues while in battle?

Tried a couple of battles in the Neolithic Era - didn't seem to have any terrain rendering issues

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 16, 2022, 5:52:28 AM

I don't know what to call them, but the alerts that pop up around the end then button aren't appearing for me. Units given orders that go past 1 turn also just aren't going anywhere. Verified my install but unplayable like this. I'm so frustrated with you guys, you seem to have no grasp of what this game needs and what people want. Very disappointed considering how great this game could be, but how little you support it.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 19, 2022, 6:30:00 PM

Hi, pink screen issue is gone! I still noticed two issues though:

- background of the menu screen is grey

- a pretty distracting flickering whenever I enable the diplomacy tab: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bg5t1ckgyla5zto/Bildschirmaufnahme%202022-12-19%20um%2019.15.06.mov?dl=0

Playing on a 14-inch M1 Pro. 

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 20, 2022, 12:08:54 PM

I'm having flickering effects on the borders when they're close to the bottom of the screen: watch here

Using a 16" M1 Max with 64GB of memory

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 7, 2023, 2:56:48 PM

Hi,

I am facing an issue where I can't update the game to the latest patch [1.0.20.3629] over EpicGames. 

My current Patch is still 1.19.3556 and reinstalling the game didn't solve the matter. 

Does anybody know how to get the latest patch to be installed on my M1 24" from 2021?

Thanks in advance!

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message