Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

A returning player's view

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Apr 7, 2024, 9:56:41 AM

When I first played the game few times couple of years ago, I was underwhelmed. It had good elements but I didn't feel like they clicked. 

The recent got me trying again and I've been hooked since, even got all the dlc. Now, I have no idea what had changed but the game just feels a lot smoother and it's becoming one of my favorite 4x games.

I still think religion could use something a bit more. Maybe more divide between between different cultures and even inside my own: atheists vs religious people. How do their react? What if my civilizatiom is closer to the traditional or liberal end of spectrum?

I don't want any micromanagement - or religious units - but religion still feels a bit separate thing. The perk options are great too. Maybe something that would make have negative effects too, something which is missing in Civ games too - other than grievance.

Anyway, I think the game is awesome. 

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 10, 2024, 8:22:06 AM
Tale_Schmitt wrote:

When I first played the game few times couple of years ago, I was underwhelmed. It had good elements but I didn't feel like they clicked. 

The recent got me trying again and I've been hooked since, even got all the dlc. Now, I have no idea what had changed but the game just feels a lot smoother and it's becoming one of my favorite 4x games.

I still think religion could use something a bit more. Maybe more divide between between different cultures and even inside my own: atheists vs religious people. How do their react? What if my civilizatiom is closer to the traditional or liberal end of spectrum?

I don't want any micromanagement - or religious units - but religion still feels a bit separate thing. The perk options are great too. Maybe something that would make have negative effects too, something which is missing in Civ games too - other than grievance.

Anyway, I think the game is awesome. 

Hey!

We are glad to see that you noticed all the different changes in the game and now you are enjoying it!

Yes, I agree that there are still some areas, like religion, that could be improved (like religion). I cannot make any promises if that is something we will be able to change, but a lesson learned from the feedback of players.

Personal note: if you have the time I will recommend you to try as well some of the community mods as some of them can change quite a lot the game. Here are some ideas: Culture Super Pack (that adds a lot of culture > 63)  and the Vanilla Improvement Project (touched a lot of balancing and tweaks of elements). Do not hesitate to reach out to the creators of these mods if you have specific feedback to share with them.

Updated a month ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message