Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

3 Questions about game mechanics

Copied to clipboard!
a month ago
Apr 9, 2024, 5:52:28 PM

I have 3 questions that I cannot resolve by searching the internet or looking in the Humankind encyclopedia.

1. How exactly does the Aesthete ability work? On what basis does it determine the amount of influence gained in the territories of your empire?
  2. In the Neolithic Era, when you have several units together and have accumulated food, what determines which unit will take the accumulated amount of food when they split?
  3. In combat, when the attacker fails to defeat the enemy or capture their flag, why are the attacker's units sometimes eliminated and sometimes not? What is the cause that triggers this elimination event?

Thank you.

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 10, 2024, 9:13:22 AM
Jaume wrote:

I have 3 questions that I cannot resolve by searching the internet or looking in the Humankind encyclopedia.

1. How exactly does the Aesthete ability work? On what basis does it determine the amount of influence gained in the territories of your empire?
  2. In the Neolithic Era, when you have several units together and have accumulated food, what determines which unit will take the accumulated amount of food when they split?
  3. In combat, when the attacker fails to defeat the enemy or capture their flag, why are the attacker's units sometimes eliminated and sometimes not? What is the cause that triggers this elimination event?

Thank you.

1. Regarding the Aesthete ability. The amount of influence is determined by several factors, like the era, and how many territories (nearby) are under your influence control. But perhaps is not working as intended (based on that)
  2. Should be displayed as half-half 
  3. When you fail to defend the flag units should retreat, BUT if you are like in a corner and this is not possible then those units will die.

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 10, 2024, 9:29:04 AM
Daarkarrow wrote:
Jaume wrote:

Thank you.

1. Regarding the Aesthete ability. The amount of influence is determined by several factors, like the era, and how many territories (nearby) are under your influence control. But perhaps is not working as intended (based on that)
  2. Should be displayed as half-half 
  3. When you fail to defend the flag units should retreat, BUT if you are like in a corner and this is not possible then those units will die.

1. Ah, then I still don't understand how it works and therefore how to play the Aesthete civilizations. Because if I knew what it's based on and what its formula is, I could expand in one way or another. Some territories give me 240 influence and others 590. And I can't find the reason why.

2. No, they don't split half-and-half; one unit always takes all the food resources. Is it a bug? I've been playing this game for two years and it has always been like this. But I still don't understand which unit takes all the resources.

3. I didn't understand your answer or maybe I expressed my question poorly. Why are there battles in which the attacker loses his units for not being able to eliminate all enemy troops or capture their flag, and others in which the attacker, under the same circumstances, doesn't lose his units?

I sincerely appreciate your time and dedication in responding to me, Daarkarrow, but unfortunately, none of the 3 doubts/questions I raised have been resolved, hehe.

If someone could solve them for me... :)

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 10, 2024, 11:22:32 PM
  1. It's complicated to explain, there really are many factors, such as culture, era, emblematic buildings, some civic buildings, whether there is commerce, religion, etc. I think the most relevant point is that influence is computed at city hall, so everything within a city generates points at city hall, although influence conflicts occur at the edges of the territory.
  2. Food points are initially from the original unit of an army, so in the case where there was one unit, it adds points and generates a second unit, when you separate them the points will continue with the first. In the case where two units with points come together, when separated they tend to divide the points as before the union.
  3. What he meant by cornered is that if there is no clear escape route, the unit is eliminated. But whenever they run away they lose life, so depending on the remaining life it may not be enough for them to survive even if there is a free escape route.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message