Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Map Pin!

Copied to clipboard!
4 years ago
Aug 8, 2020, 7:28:58 PM

I play these games coop with a friend, mostly, and we're always on the edge of our seats for these types of game launches because we're always waiting for map pins. Nothing is more frustrating trying to coordinate an attack by verbally describing the terrain and trying to point out a location without map pin. Please and thank you :)

0Send private message
4 years ago
Aug 26, 2020, 1:51:50 PM

I agree, it would be helpful to be able to mark the map somehow. Not just to coordinate in multiplayer games, but also to plan future districts and future outposts in my own cities/empire, especially because some of the districts have adjacency bonuses. 

0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 4, 2020, 7:20:12 PM

+1

Map pins was one of the very few new options I really liked with Civ 6. Maybe even the only change I liked. Even if not used for coop, then to plan out my empire and pin locations to remember where I later want to build an extension maybe. Pin it, name it etc.

0Send private message
0Send private message
4 years ago
Sep 4, 2020, 11:29:10 PM
Rextreff wrote:

what is a map pin?

@Rextreff It's like having a pin that You would put on a map irl.

Although of course here it would be virtual pins to be used on the in-game map. You use them to mark certain tile on Your map. Add a name or description to it as well. Like Science Quarter, to remember that on that spot You want to build a Science quarter as soon as You have enough population to do so and the structure researched for example. It is a very much needed quality of life improvement since cities have become unstacked and You need to plan where to build extensions. To plan ahead for Your city and empire building. Pins could also be used to show an ally where You want them to move their units to attack a common enemy. Your placed pins should of course only be able to be seen by You and Your allied human player(s). Enemies should not be able to see what You plan to build or where You plan to attack.

Preferably the pins can have different looks/icons and also be named so that it is easier to differenciate what You intended to place on the tile You put a pin on. Also be removable or replacable.

I hope that explains it. :)

Updated 4 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
May 1, 2021, 11:50:30 AM

Yes please! I'd love to mark Sanctuaries I want to visit and possible city/district spots

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 26, 2021, 6:35:13 PM

+1

And of course with choosable icons, like in civ 6 :3 I'd love that, since I always build BIG, really BIG empires, and often I need to plan which districts I want to build, though I need to memorize them all instead of pinning it but I can't since I'm forgetting where I wanted to build something all the time :(

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 16, 2022, 4:35:35 PM

BUMP... this needs to be added to the game. There's just too much going on to not have them!

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 16, 2022, 9:54:47 PM

Yes! 

It's not so much work, the functions are already here and the AIs even use it. Unplug it from the AI, add a bunch of icons to represent infrastructure stuff, find a little place in the UI (the current area for marker would be perfect), et voila!

Please put some ressources on this relatively small QoL addition, it would be great!

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message