Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

What civs/cultures and wonders would you like to see added to the game?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 12, 2021, 1:08:04 PM

Made a post on Reddit about what cultures people would like to see added to the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/HumankindTheGame/comments/q5gcmq/what_civscultures_and_wonders_would_you_like_to/

Personally, for cultures I would like to see in the medieval era:

- Swahili (Merchant/Navy Culture)

- Mali(perhaps unneeded since they aren't that different from Ghanaians), alternatively the Songhai could be a more military/alternative for the Early Modern Era.

Early Modern Era -

Kingdom of Congo (Aesthete/Religion focused, could also be in medieval era),

It will be interesting to have some sort of Nomadic Berber/Amazigh civ here as well, similar to the Huns.

Industrial Era -

Ashanti Kingdom (Militarist/Merchant),

Edo Benin(Aesthete)(though I expect this will be added, considering they made Edo Japanese, Edo Japanese, and not just Edo)

Kingdom of Imerina/Madagascar (Aesthete/Militarist) - really interesting culture that I don't see a lot in historical works.

Abyssinia (could also be placed in medieval or early modern, dependent on which variant you're going for, could also be placed in Contemporary as Ethiopia).

Contemporary:
Ethiopia
Angola
Germans
Vietnam

As for wonders, I would like to see the Great Mosque of Djenne, Kilwa Kiswani, and the Churches of Lalibela, Colosseum, Great Wall of China

Some notable mentions from the comments:

Etruscans, Hebrews, Majapahit/other Indonesian civ

And in addition to that, it would be interesting to possibly affect the environment by being able to build dams on rivers, as well as canals

If you have any ideas yourself, be free to comment them out.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 28, 2022, 7:17:32 AM

How about that one still uncontacted tribe on that island.
Taking them resets your science tree to a pre-industrial era but you get some sort of "leave us alone" bonus.

Jokes aside;

Eskimo/Inuit for early game snow region liking people.
We've got earlier celts but how about contemporary celts, Ireland/Scotland.
Indiginous Australians; the people who were there before Europeans ever showed up. I don't know anything about that but whoever was there could be an earlier eras culture.
Contemporary Arabians. Pick a particular country or just say "Arabian" to cover the whole Arabian Peninsula

As nice as it would be to have the same number of cultures in each era I don't see that happening if we don't start making some up, and they are trying to use real ones.
Too much of the modern world is joined to together in larger cultures instead of seperate ones.
I mean, take the USA. How different Native American tribes were there, that were different enough be treated as seperate cultures in game? But in contemporary the landmass is only going to Provide "Americans". Unless you want to get into "what ifs" and add confederates...

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 28, 2022, 5:23:18 PM

I would love to see The Belgae as a Civ from the Classical Era. Yes, I know, they seem similar to the Celts, but aren't at the time. Actually, they are a mixture of Celtic and Germanic culture who lived around present-day Belgium. Julius Caesar described Gaul (at the time of his conquests (58–51 BC)) as divided into three parts, habited by the Aquitani in the southwest, the Gauls in the big central part  (who in their own language were called Celtae(celts)) and the Belgae in the north. Belgae were considered as the phenicians of the north and were the people who "colonised" England and Ireland and impregned the Celtic culture there. It would also be historicly accurate if they had ships as unique units. ("Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae" ("Of all these, the bravest are the Belgians", often literally translated into English: "Of all the peoples of Gaul, the Belgians are the bravest") is a Latin phrase which is taken from Commentaries on the Gallic Wars by Julius Caesar.).

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 29, 2022, 10:17:50 PM

Illyrians, they did have a relevant role in the Balkans and Mediterrean, both before becoming a Roman province and also after.

Dyrrachium under Roman rule or Epidamno during the Illyrian autonomy, was a great trading city with many routes connecting through it's harbor, hosting the very famous road called "Via Egnatia" the continuation of Via Appia, it led many traders to the city that nowdays we call Istanbul.

Illyrians also focused a lot on navy, it would definitely fit as a good culture for a naval gameplay overhaul.

Dacians or Thracians alongside Minoans are also very interesting!

There is a lot of material in the Balkans.

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 28, 2022, 5:23:26 PM

A mercantile/religious idea for the classical period: Kushan Empire!  A syncretic empire, formed by the Yuezhi, It spread to encompass much of modern-day territory of, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Uzbekistan, and northern India. The Kushans possibly used the Greek language initially for administrative purposes; had diplomatic contacts with the Roman Empire, Sasanian Persia, the Aksumite Empire and the Han dynasty of China; and were at the center of trade relations between the Roman Empire and China. 

So all this sounds like a mercantile empire, well hear this, the Kushans inherited the Greco-Buddhist traditions of the region and brought it to china through the silk road. THEY SPREAD BHUDDISM TO CHINA. They are the literal west that Journey to the Westsought to find.

0Send private message
a year ago
Nov 28, 2022, 7:19:24 PM

Sorry for that but in my opinion more then new cultures the game need a debugging and after that good game polishing. I don't even think about the new cultures.

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 17, 2023, 1:01:14 PM

SUPPORT UKRAINE EXPANSION

Ancient: The Yamna

Classical: The Sarmatians

Medieval: The Khazars

Early Modern: Moldavia

Industrial:

Contemporary: Ukraine

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 14, 2022, 11:38:04 PM

Gran Colombia, Portugal, Macedonian, America Industrial Era, Mali, Vatican, Norte Chico, Israel, Iceland, Great Britain, Belgium, Canada..

0Send private message
a year ago
Feb 17, 2023, 8:57:34 PM

I'd like to see some more indigenous North American cultures dating back to the Ancient Era.  Currently if we want to play an "Americas" runthrough, we're limited to the Olmecs and Caralans as starts.  The Mississippians were a nice addition, and very pleasantly distinct from the Haudenosaunee, but I'd love to see more, as well as giving indigenous North American cultures different unit depictions than the Central/South American ones.  Seeing Mississippian and Haudenosaunee units dressing like Aztecs and Maya isn't a great experience.

Additionally, and I know this sounds silly, even one Ancient Era Western European culture (and a second Ancient Era Eastern Asian culture) would be nice.  The Ancient Era is very centred around the middle east and adjoining regions, and it'd be nice to have more variety when we want to play a "geographic playthrough".

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 15, 2022, 3:00:44 AM

If there was an expansion of religion the vatican and israel would be interesting, religion/influence+money in the middle ages and religion/military in the contemporary era. Gran Colombia would be nice too.

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 9, 2023, 6:17:50 PM

Some half-baked ideas I've had while playing:

Ancient Era:

- The "Sea Peoples" that are often considered a major part (either as a cause or effect) of the Late Bronze Age collapse. *If* introduced as a playable "culture" I imagine something like the Mongols/Huns cranked up to 11. No city founding or owning, fame/star rewards for razing outposts and cities. Might be better represented as a story event that could be applied to individual or all players: spawn an army of elite units and allow an ideology-influenced choice of bonus to deal with them (e.g., a free-ish Palisades infrastructure, a hired mercenary army, or fame for forgoing a bonus)

- Old Copper Culture of North America. Did you know that while peoples in the Fertile Crescent were learning to smelt copper some 5-6k years ago that a group in North America were using a very different method (annealing) to fashion tools made of 99% pure copper? These differences likely had some influence on how these diverse peoples later developed and IMO would make an excellent story event. I imagine that on building your first copper mine, you'd get the event and it would allow you to modify (or not) Copper/Mine bonuses for the rest of the game. e.g., +1 Production or Money and -1 Science

Classical:

- Nabateans (Merchant) - A niche civ that thrives on land trade routes (especially incense) and/or desert terrain. Perhaps a unique Petra wonder unlock after transitioning to a different culture?

Medieval:

- Sami/Inuit (Agrarian or Expansionist) - Both are cultures that I think should fit well with the polar sterile terrain ("snow") and coastal regions of the game and wouldn't be surprised if they had bonuses for either/both. Unlike some of the other Medieval culture choices in the game, both these cultures have adapted and managed to remain identifiable into the present. Perhaps an additional bonus besides the Fame multiplier for each Era transcended? e.g., a stacking +1 Food bonus per era transcended on coastal tiles or an additional Emblematic Quarter placement per territory per era transcended.

- Ainu (Aesthete?) - Similar to the Sami/Inuit, but without the frozen terrain proclivities.

In Continent+Island maps, around the Early Modern Era I start looking to colonize and/or attach island territories in earnest. Not sure if that's the Era they would best fit in historically, but a more island-centric culture from the Austronesian peoples (Hawaii, Indonesia, Fiji, Philippines, etc.) would be an interesting choice. I guess the real challenge there would be making them a viable option for Pangea maps.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 15, 2022, 5:44:09 AM

Really I want to see Persia's timeline finished up, so I'd like to see:

•  The Medes promoted to a real playable culture (like the Nazca were) for the Ancient era 
  • One of the Medieval, independent Persian kingdoms (Saffarids, Seljuks, Ghaznavids, Khwarasmians, etc.) or some kind generically named culture that's an amalgamation of all of them, similar to what Amplitude has done with some of the cultures, for the Medieval Era. 
  • The Saffavids for the Early Modern Era, though the Timurids or one of the other Turkic nations ( Qara Qoyunlu, Aq Qoyunlu ,etc.) ruling over Iran at that time period would be ok substitutes too.  
  • Some kind of depiction of modern day Iran (either based entirely on Iran under the Pahlavi Dynasty or the Islamic, or an amalgamation of the two) for the Contemporary Era.

There's plenty of other cultures I'd like to see, and I'd love it if every culture had a complete timeline but the ones I listed above are the big ones that I'd like to see the most.  

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 30, 2023, 9:40:59 AM

Kyivien Rus, that will be awesome. it`s so small number of games that added this country in it((. some concept here: https://community.amplitude-studios.com/amplitude-studios/humankind/forums/169-game-design-and-ideas/threads/49768-theory-nation-kiyvien-rus?page=1#post-359115

0Send private message
a year ago
May 31, 2023, 7:33:41 AM
lauryfriese wrote:
Soalgu wrote:

I would love to see The Belgae as a Civ from the Classical Era. Yes, I know, they seem similar to the Celts, but aren't at the time. Actually, they are a mixture of Celtic and Germanic culture who lived around present-day Belgium. Julius Caesar described Gaul (at the time of his conquests (58–51 BC)) as divided into three parts, habited by the Aquitani in the southwest, the Gauls in the big central part  (who in their own language were called Celtae(celts)) and the Belgae in the north. Belgae were considered as the phenicians of the north and were the people who "colonised" England and Ireland and Candy Crush impregned the Celtic culture there. It would also be historicly accurate if they had ships as unique units. ("Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae" ("Of all these, the bravest are the Belgians", often literally translated into English: "Of all the peoples of Gaul, the Belgians are the bravest") is a Latin phrase which is taken from Commentaries on the Gallic Wars by Julius Caesar.).

One of the most significant impacts that gaming has had on our culture is its ability to bring people together. Gaming has allowed people from all over the world to connect and interact with each other, and it has provided a platform for people to form communities and share their experiences with others.

Candy Crush?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message