Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Religious Stars

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Oct 15, 2021, 9:26:50 PM

It seems as though  religion could be enhanced with the addition of religious stars and, of course, objectives to attain those stars. Religion spreads very quickly now on its own. Maybe that could be toned down to make you actually have to work at it. And, as an addendum, if you chose to go with atheism, attaining religious stars might be more difficult, or the objectives could change. Any other thoughts?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 16, 2021, 12:58:58 PM

Yes, I made this suggestion too.

In the latest dev update Amplitude have said:
"We know many of you would like us to expand certain parts of the game, like religion..."
So perhaps faith stars are incoming?
TBH I'm a little surprised they would do this as an update as opposed to in a DLC/Expansion, as say another 4X studio might have ;)

One problem is how to generate religious or faith stars if you haven't founded a religion. I think the faith stars will have to be simple like aesthete or merchant stars. Just faith generated. (As opposed to say number of followers of your religion).
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 16, 2021, 8:52:21 PM

I disagree with faith stars, Religion seems far better as an adjunct effect.  They need to make it a more interesting adjunct effect though.  In particular India needs its LT to do something like 1 Influence per every 2 Faith on city.  (And some of the Level 4s should let you spend Faith…on converting Territories/ Money-Stability-Research-Influence boosts). There should also be a way to let a territory get the benefits of the religion it has rather than the state religion.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 16, 2021, 9:33:20 PM

This would change the value of Faith generating EQs quite heavily, but could also be pretty interesting.

I wonder though, would it maybe not be better to add more deeds associated with religion? I am thinking about things like first to each tier, first to convert X players/all of each continent etc.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 6:44:21 AM

So does that mean we should have a new religious affinity and associated cultures as well?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 2:59:32 PM

In my opinion faith should be some kind of currency and each religion should provide unique bonuses (eg buy units, buy buildings, stability etc.) Also right now the differences in holy sight are just cosmetics, instead each holy site could have different exploiting and adjacency mechanics.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 6:06:21 PM
lbasil wrote:

In my opinion faith should be some kind of currency and each religion should provide unique bonuses (eg buy units, buy buildings, stability etc.) Also right now the differences in holy sight are just cosmetics, instead each holy site could have different exploiting and adjacency mechanics.

I don't really see why it can't be used for both. You spend money on various things, but there are still money stars. Using faith as a currency sounds like something that could be implement as part of a general overhaul to religion and faith. If there are categories of era stars for every major mechanic or resource in the game, it would completely appropriate for them to introduce faith stars and even a faith/religion affinity. 

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 6:52:58 PM
TheVisitorGuest wrote:
lbasil wrote:

I don't really see why it can't be used for both. You use money for various thing, but there are still money stars. Using faith as a currency sounds like something that could be implement as part of a general overhaul to religion and faith. If we are there are different categories of era stars for every major mechanic or resource in the game, it would completely appropriated for them to introduce faith stars and even a faith/religion affinity. 

I agree on having faith stars in the game

0Send private message
2 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 7:04:57 PM
lbasil wrote:
TheVisitorGuest wrote:
lbasil wrote:

I don't really see why it can't be used for both. You spend money on various things, but there are still money stars. Using faith as a currency sounds like something that could be implement as part of a general overhaul to religion and faith. If there are categories of era stars for every major mechanic or resource in the game, it would completely appropriate for them to introduce faith stars and even a faith/religion affinity.  

I agree on having faith stars in the game

They could probably be handled similar to merchant stars as well. If they are used as a currency, it would make faith functionally similar to money; and that already has an associated Era Star category.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message