logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Shotelai and Praetorian Guard rework

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 3:18:42 AM

I mean grappler is cool too I'm not saying they have to lose that although as cliché as it is you could also give it to the Naginata Samurai. >.> 

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 8:09:31 AM

And the point of Roman Guards bonus is not of just having a "rear attack", as you suggest about the Shotel trivia. Every units can perform rear attacks, just Roman Guards don't need to be perfectly parrallel. (it's why the trait speak about tactical superiority). Anyway even I get the idea of shifting roman trait to shotelai, but no really the phalanx to the guards ->

I mean, Romans are famous for having easily countered the widespread phalanx formation with maniple formation. So it don't really have sense.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 2:16:06 PM

Oooh gotcha. Huh. That's not ... the Guard though that's the Legions? I was thinking of phalanx as an ability as a way of incorporating how well they worked together and maybe tying the lineage of Greek and Rome together a bit. But okay. That fits, after a fashion. I'm still not sure the Grappler thing on Shotelai works as well as it used to. Although maybe it's just how much cavalry there is in the medieval period and how quickly most AI sail through the Classical period. I think it'd have more impact on the Samurai.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 2:18:27 PM

I suppose giving them Home-guard wouldn't really be all that interesting. Although it might be more appropriate. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 3:39:09 PM
Ningauble wrote:

Oooh gotcha. Huh. That's not ... the Guard though that's the Legions? I was thinking of phalanx as an ability as a way of incorporating how well they worked together and maybe tying the lineage of Greek and Rome together a bit. But okay. That fits, after a fashion. I'm still not sure the Grappler thing on Shotelai works as well as it used to. Although maybe it's just how much cavalry there is in the medieval period and how quickly most AI sail through the Classical period. I think it'd have more impact on the Samurai.

Well, in war times, the praeatorians guards were part of the legion. A regiment among the others, with more experience, and more prestige. And probably not at the frontline. But still, fighting as legionnaries ^^

In early times, Romans got regiment of hoplites too.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 4:20:07 PM

Oh gotcha. I think I was thinking of them as being formed from the Legions and being more separate. But I think I understand this now. They were a sort of ... (e)mpire-al*guard. 

*play on words-pun on national? Hahah. Wait. Imperial is a real word. >.<

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message