Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

The Tlingit Culture

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 3:49:19 AM

Here is my proposal to add my people, the Tlingit, to the game! During our height, before European colonization, we Tlingit were renowned fishermen, woodworkers, warriors, and traders. Our canoes were traded as far south as the Aztec Empire and our furs were traded across the Bering Strait to Russians. We fashioned chainmail armor out of Ming Dynasty coins. I would love to know any thoughts you might have!

Tlingit

Era: Medieval

Affinity: Aesthete

Legacy Trait: "People of the Tides": +2 movement for naval units, Disembarking does not cost any extra movement

"Masters of the treacherous Alaskan waters, the Tlingit live a life of fishing, hunting, raiding, and trading at the behest of their clan's matriarch."

Emblematic Quarter: Kootéeyaa: +2 Influence, +3 influence per adjacent coastal water or lake tile, +2 food per adjacent coast water or lake tile, -10 stability, exploits food and money from adjacent land and water tiles, must be placed adjacent to coastal water or lake tiles, does not need to be placed adjacent to other districts, counts as a commons quarter

"The mighty Kootéeya rise into the sky, marking important figures for each K̲wáan. In turn, the home of their hít s'aatí serves as the center for their constituent houses and for trade."

Emblematic Unit: X'iG̲aak̲áa: 40 combat strength, Melee Unit (replaces Great Swordsman), Guerilla Fighters, Move and Fire, requires 2 bronze, unlocks with Heavy Infantry technology.

"They were one with the sea. Warriors and raiders raised from the age of six to fight. They were adorned with chainmail fashioned from foreign coins and great clubs and swords of obsidian."

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 8:12:14 AM

While I appreciate the work, there really needs to be a dedicated thread for this sort of things, particularly for the Game Design and Ideas, so that they can be seen by the devs. There already are some threads that do this, but they have been largely abandoned and are in the Fan Creations forum, where the devs won't see them. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 19, 2021, 11:22:54 PM
TheVisitorGuest wrote:

While I appreciate the work, there really needs to be a dedicated thread for this sort of things, particularly for the Game Design and Ideas, so that they can be seen by the devs. There already are some threads that do this, but they have been largely abandoned and are in the Fan Creations forum, where the devs won't see them. 

I just what to point out, that we now have a thread like this, The old Community Culture Suggestions from a year ago, has recently been moved from the "Fan Creations" forum to  "Game Design and Ideas". I would be careful using the Google Doc that's posted there though, as it's difficult to edit or delete your proposal there once you have posted it. Once it's posted it there no second chances. My advice would be either post it only on the thread itself, or both the Google Doc and the thread so that you can have a backup that you can edit.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 20, 2021, 12:08:59 AM

This is a super well-thought out culture with some great abilities! Really awesome work!

If we get mod tools sometime soon, it would be awesome to add the Tlingit into the game, even if the devs don't. I would be happy to help out if you would like.

Gunalchéesh!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 11, 2021, 5:48:12 PM
Taara535 wrote:

This is a super well-thought out culture with some great abilities! Really awesome work!

If we get mod tools sometime soon, it would be awesome to add the Tlingit into the game, even if the devs don't. I would be happy to help out if you would like.

Gunalchéesh!

I would love that, Taara535! Gunalchéesh!

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 11, 2021, 11:44:04 PM
Taara535 wrote:

Gunalchéesh!

If you are looking for more cultures to mod in you can also go here and here as well. There are plenty to choose from.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message