logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Alliances! Team-play!!

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 25, 2021, 6:39:33 AM

Hello!
What if we add teams? like in civilization where the team who won the game will won for the whole squad? but let's develop it a little different...

...like a new option that you can chose after the alliance! 
for example, you know when you are at peace with someone that you can propose alliance, well, it will be nice THEN to ask for Union!

Limiting it so you cannot make Union with more than half of the players in that game (for example, there are 6 players? you can make a union just out of 3, or, in case there are 7: you can make it out of 4 so no one is excluded if the game will converge in a 1vs1 Union)

And if you are in a union maybe you could pop up treaties like: all the resources are shared instantly for free. Or now you can trade science or give money and so on

Now the problem.... We need a nerf to it so if someone that don't want to play in a union to have a chance. you got any ideas? 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 26, 2021, 11:31:27 AM

A union would be a serious threat to other non unioned civs. Maybe something like the grievance system? Internal strife breaks up most unions in my opnion.. maybe severe stability issues that rise?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 26, 2021, 1:59:19 PM
Furyok wrote:

Hello!
What if we add teams? like in civilization where the team who won the game will won for the whole squad? but let's develop it a little different...

...like a new option that you can chose after the alliance! 
for example, you know when you are at peace with someone that you can propose alliance, well, it will be nice THEN to ask for Union!

Limiting it so you cannot make Union with more than half of the players in that game (for example, there are 6 players? you can make a union just out of 3, or, in case there are 7: you can make it out of 4 so no one is excluded if the game will converge in a 1vs1 Union)

And if you are in a union maybe you could pop up treaties like: all the resources are shared instantly for free. Or now you can trade science or give money and so on

Now the problem.... We need a nerf to it so if someone that don't want to play in a union to have a chance. you got any ideas? 

This sounds very similar to the System in Endless Space 2 and i would definitely like that. However in my opinion half might be a bit too much, so maybe 1/3 would better. As far as balance goes i think locking it behind technologies and it gradually powering up would be nice.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 26, 2021, 2:51:06 PM

This isn't exactly what you're talking about, and we developed it more for spouses and friends who prefer to play together/pool their scores, but we have a Humankind Teams mod HERE. It allows you to define teams when you're setting up the map. Players on a team: 1. are locked into an unbreakable alliance at the start of the game, and all points earned are pooled and divided by the number of players on the team (so the team wins or loses rather than individuals on the team) 2. start on the same continent with shared vision.

Teams can include more than two players and can consist of both human and AI players.

In our playthroughs, AIs that are paired with other AIs tend to be more energetic and successful (update troops more frequently, establish trade with one another, expand more widely, declare war against someone who declared war on their ally).

Currently, this adds basic team functionality only. Members of a team, as in any Humankind game alliance, will not be able to share money, give land, or join in a battle. In the future, we hope to add at least some of these features.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 26, 2021, 3:00:34 PM

Wow AOM perfect mod. This mod is just what I needed for a friend and I (who have played civ multiplayer on a team for decades now, and want to in Humankind!)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 29, 2021, 11:14:30 PM
Cristata wrote:

Wow AOM perfect mod. This mod is just what I needed for a friend and I (who have played civ multiplayer on a team for decades now, and want to in Humankind!)

:) I hope you enjoy it. We're hoping to improve on it over time.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 3, 2021, 8:10:12 PM
AOM wrote:

This isn't exactly what you're talking about, and we developed it more for spouses and friends who prefer to play together/pool their scores, but we have a Humankind Teams mod HERE. It allows you to define teams when you're setting up the map. Players on a team: 1. are locked into an unbreakable alliance at the start of the game, and all points earned are pooled and divided by the number of players on the team (so the team wins or loses rather than individuals on the team) 2. start on the same continent with shared vision.

Teams can include more than two players and can consist of both human and AI players.

In our playthroughs, AIs that are paired with other AIs tend to be more energetic and successful (update troops more frequently, establish trade with one another, expand more widely, declare war against someone who declared war on their ally).

Currently, this adds basic team functionality only. Members of a team, as in any Humankind game alliance, will not be able to share money, give land, or join in a battle. In the future, we hope to add at least some of these features.

I    L O V E     Y O U 

that's something that NEEDS to be officialized!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 8, 2021, 11:53:15 AM
AOM wrote:

I Just randomly found this and just wanna say thank you for the amazing mod. I absolutely love it, i was just wondering if this can get uploaded to mod.io now that mod tools are out?

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
2 months ago
Mar 10, 2024, 1:54:46 AM
Jkrout1990 wrote:

has there been any effort to bring the teams mod back?

Yes. A friend and I have spent the past few months working on a mod which will enhance the overall AI experience and reintroduce the teams feature for the most current version of Humankind. It's not quite polished enough to release just yet, but it's getting close. I'll post a link to our mod.io page here once it's ready :)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message