Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Rebellions, river navy, lasting minor civilizations, sea trades and canal construction

Copied to clipboard!
9 months ago
Aug 1, 2023, 5:09:11 PM

1. Rebellions

I would like to suggest the introduction of a mechanic that generates more rebellions the bigger your empire is. To simulate what happened in history to large empires, and to stop snowballs from those who conquer large territories. Stopping them from sending numerous stacks of armies at 1 enemy at a time. Having to divide their forces and protect their lands from rebels.

If the rebels conquer a city they can either destroy it if it is much easier to code and implement, or become a new minor civilization that players can do diplomacy with.  

The rebellions should also increase the farther away the territory is from the capital. Thus forcing players to change their capitals to avoid rebellions. 

2. Minor civilizations

The minor civilizations can already spawn troops that can be recruited. But that civilization usually dies out or is conquered long before you finish the diplomacy with them.

I would prefer if they were permanent and much stronger as allies than being an extra city. I would love if it took inspiration from Civ 5 independent cities. Where they function as allies, raise armies and help out in wars, as well as give you bonuses. 

To combo with my rebellion idea, they will be constantly rebellious if conquered. Thus not being worth conquering most of the time and even if conquered and destroyed, that land will have a strong rebellion modifier applied to any city built on it or connected to it. This will make the New World far harder to tame and not be a instant win for whom ever comes there first. 

The way they are now, they vanish too fast and have almost no impact. It is a bad idea to make diplomacy with them, because they will vanish anyways on a timer, so you are wasting your resources on them for a temporary bonus that is inferior to just conquering them. They are easy to dominate, they have few units and behind technologically.

3. Trades via rivers and seas

I would like to suggest that water provide more dust(money) if it connects more minor civilizations or players. Just to simulate the passive trade being done. This will move players into a desire to secure access to water even if they have no desire to expand to island or find the new world. I know trade in the game with resources is already cheaper between players if done by sea. 

4. River fleets

Allow fleets to be able to sail up rivers. Giving more versatility to naval units and able to support more. If combat map would be impossible, since the river is one hex. Then allow the navy to give support abilities to the units in land combat without participating. 

Such support abilities can be : arrow attack within rage depending on how many ships in the navy stack, no more river crossing penalty if the river is connected to the navy, less stats penalty when units are wounded, heal units a bit after combat ends, give defense to units in a river that is connected to the navy and many more. 

I do not suggest to add all these bonuses, maybe pick one and allow some others to be unlocked from technologies or civilization choices. Like the wikings getting a bonus for example. 

For obvious reasons, man-of-war ships, dreadnoughts, aircraft carriers and submarines should not be able to sail up a river. Only the smaller vessels should be able to.

5. Canal construction

Ability to create a canal, changing 1 or maximum of 3 hexes, in a line, into a water tile, allowing free passage to army vessels. 

It could be more hexes than 3, I just dont want people terraforming everything into water hexes. 

0Send private message
9 months ago
Aug 1, 2023, 7:41:39 PM

Great ideas. I look forward to see what the devs will have to say (but I fear that at the moment they are dealing with other issues)

0Send private message
9 months ago
Aug 2, 2023, 12:14:23 AM

Stronger and more rebellious independent peoples in the new world, almost like nations themselves, would be very good, ceasing to have a "colonial" image, such as that the Americas were uncivilized and uninhabited before the arrival of the Europeans.

PS: the proposal of more frequent rebellions the farther from the capital resembles the idea Mainlands and colonies, so if you want to support ;)

0Send private message
9 months ago
Aug 2, 2023, 5:00:24 AM

River generating money really cool idea, as all civilizations worldwide had great money impact from river trading and connections

0Send private message
9 months ago
Aug 3, 2023, 2:45:41 PM
Atens7 wrote:

Stronger and more rebellious independent peoples in the new world, almost like nations themselves, would be very good, ceasing to have a "colonial" image, such as that the Americas were uncivilized and uninhabited before the arrival of the Europeans.

PS: the proposal of more frequent rebellions the farther from the capital resembles the idea Mainlands and colonies, so if you want to support ;)

Sure

0Send private message
a month ago
Apr 13, 2024, 1:49:23 AM
ArcaniteM wrote:

1. Rebellions

I would like to suggest the introduction of a mechanic that generates more rebellions the bigger your empire is. To simulate what happened in history to large empires, and to stop snowballs from those who conquer large territories. Stopping them from sending numerous stacks of armies at 1 enemy at a time. Having to divide their forces and protect their lands from rebels.

If the rebels conquer a city they can either destroy it if it is much easier to code and implement, or become a new minor civilization that players can do diplomacy with.  

The rebellions should also increase the farther away the territory is from the capital. Thus forcing players to change their capitals to avoid rebellions. 

Also make rebels only attack the empire they came from because its annoying.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message