logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Pacifist mecanism

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Feb 16, 2024, 11:22:57 PM

Hello dear humans,

I just had to retire a game at turn 160 because the pacifist trait made it impossible to play.

One AI went for treason several times, breaking treaties and engaging in wars, so earns the trecherous badge, then for an unexplained reason got the pacifist badge. That happened around the classic era, and from there it absolutely blocked everything. It makes for an insane synergy : with the pacifist badge, I am the one losing war support, yet with their treacherous badge they can go from 2 to 100 car support in a battle. That makes it impossible. After this AI attacked a city (still having the pacifist badge...), I gave everything I had and barely made it, yet the AI was the one with 80+ war support and I was losing what left in 2 turns, so I while I won a formidable battle, in the end I was forced to surrender.

Where I draw the line is that after that, that AI waged several other wars, continue breaking treaties, and to just make it fun was the only civ having powder, making it impossible to even because it was still with both badges.

I just abandonned. This tiny mechanism destroyed the whole game. That AI destroyed my ally in a single turn, yet still level 3 badge after invading half the continent. It does not seem like a bug yet it blocked the whole game. It could attack everything and still be untouchable. Whatever planning, strategy, decision, tactic, nothing had any significant impact to counter this.

0Send private message
3 months ago
Feb 17, 2024, 10:37:07 PM

I tried to replicate the mecanism in a new game and it worked the same :

While escalating, I built enough support to force demands, thus the AI wages war. As I know there are coming towards me, I just wait for a few little victories to build enoug momentum, then ask for a white peace. This is where I earn the pacifist badge.

Because it was refused, we continue in my favor, where I clearly did not want another white peace. I force surrender. Then 3 turns after that I wage a surprise war, and this is where there is a discrepency : I earn the traitor badge, while keeping the pacifist one

It makes for an insane synergy as I can now put pressure by killing units and by attrition itself. Overpowered. The pacifist badge could be removed at the very moment of any clear agression for a more consistent gameplay. Just my thoughts, I think this is an exploit.

Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message