Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Overall animation and game speed.

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 25, 2021, 2:34:39 PM

The game/animation speed is far too slow for me as to make the game unplayable. I have this problem with most Amplitude games unfortunately (Humankind and Endless Legend especially, ES2 is fine). And yes "Battle Animation" speed is cranked to 3, that's not what I'm talking about. And no it's not a technical/system-performance issue; my system is pretty beefy and I know the difference. It's mainly the walking speed and general animations, even things like UI popups that faded in and out are just SLOW.

It's like the whole game is covered in molasses. Or in an RPG when your character gets a slow spell cast on them. Or being stuck behind someone driving 5mph under the speed limit. The whole thing just makes me anxious to the point that I can't play it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIAzalQUui4&t=133s

This seems to be a somewhat recent trend in games... I have the same problem with Civ6, but not to the same degree as Humankind and EL. Civ6 is at least playable. Civ5 was fine.

I will agree that it gives the game kind of a chill feel and some/many people may like that, so please just makes this an adjustable setting.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 9:29:41 AM
Agree, regular Players of such games really appreciate the fast movement option (and fast combat) option. 
Really I think Developers should spend less time on the Animations, most players turn them off within the first few hours anyway. 
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 12:39:02 PM

I just started a new game of Civ6 for the first time in awhile, and yea, the fast-move and fast-battle options are the only reasons I can stand to play it. I'd still prefer an adjustable animation/overall speed setting (to speed up UI animations, and everything else), but a fast-move option at least would be a decent stop-gap.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 3:07:08 PM

I think it's just an OpenDev problem with limited settings. At the release we will have full settings with a different game speed and animation speed.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 11:54:09 AM

Exactly my feeling. The game is sluggish.

Special mention to the WASD map scroll.

Why not options to move units at 2x, 3x, instant speed on the global map?

Same for scrolling. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 11:57:51 AM

+1. 

Same with scroll speed too, even at fastest speed, it takes too long to trigger the scrolling, forcing you to constantly pan which annoys me to no end.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 1, 2021, 7:24:06 PM

Yea, nobody cares about animations when you play it again and again :/ if we can speed up battle, we should speed up walking animation on world ;c 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 1, 2021, 8:12:39 PM

IIRC I've brought up similar grievances about movement speed, but was told that the slow unit movement on the global map is intentional. Since turns are taken simultaneously, and movement is in real-time, it means players can act or intercept with their units, like an RTS. The slow movement is supposed to help with the real-time movement.

(Personally I also dislike the slow global map movement.)
Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message