Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Great infrastructure projets

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jul 30, 2021, 2:19:16 PM

(excuse for my english it is no my first language :)

Why not have "infrastructure wonders", small national wonders (built by shared projects) giving important boosts to the economy or with an important military role. Their location being conditioned by geography (and why not indicated in advance by an icon) and they could have a name.

I was thinking in particular of :

-big viaduct : built on a water square to directly connect two land masses. Plus a trade bonus for nearby merchant districts.

- large canal :  same principle but to connect two bodies of water separated by a strip of land (1 or 2 squares). 

-Mega hydraulic dam : a giant dam flooding a space on the map to provide its budding industrial empire with the necessary energy. Would give the same bonus as a coal unit, with a food proximity bonus for farming districts and a production bonus for industrial zones. Its placement would be conditioned by the presence of an important river and nearby mountains (conditions would have to be quite restrictive to avoid the map being covered with them)

These "little wonders" would symbolise and support the technological and industrial capacities of the empires by giving them an infrastructure to match their ambitions

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jul 31, 2021, 12:36:27 PM

Great idea, would love to build those and think it really fits within the nation building theme of the game.

Some other wonders I was thinking of:

- Tunnel: to be able to move through mountains

- high speed rail: giving bonuses to connected cities

- international airport: to boost money on a city

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 2, 2021, 6:04:56 AM

I think its great idea and i also think that what if i can build an arch bridge between two high elevated tiles and there can be diplomatic touch with it like:

Building a dam cause decrease in flow of river and the neighbouring civ complains for water shortage causing decrease in food output.

This can also be used tactical advantage in war like destroying tunnel and bridges cause delay in reinforcement or destroying dam cause flood which damage city district. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 3, 2021, 9:37:58 AM
Abhi2410 wrote:

I think its great idea and i also think that what if i can build an arch bridge between two high elevated tiles and there can be diplomatic touch with it like:

Building a dam cause decrease in flow of river and the neighbouring civ complains for water shortage causing decrease in food output.

This can also be used tactical advantage in war like destroying tunnel and bridges cause delay in reinforcement or destroying dam cause flood which damage city district. 

That would be great, and the other way around by building connections with your neighbor you can increase the osmosis (is that correct?) events. 

The Dutch actually had an line of defense where they could flood parts of the land to make it harder for army's to attack. It would be pretty cool that you can flood districts so the attackers get an river penalty in combat.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 14, 2021, 3:16:57 AM

Sounds great!
The idea behind Gathering Storm of Civ6 is definitely suitable for HUMANKIND! 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message