Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Unbalanced Pollution by map size

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 13, 2021, 1:14:32 PM

Hello everyone, currently digging into the source code and experimenting a bit modding your game. 

I posted that on your discord yesterday but here I go : 

Your endgame pollution threshold is completely unbalanced. 

As a reminder the formula is basically MapSizeBudget ( PollutionDefinition.EndGamePollutionThreshold ) * MapSizeFactor ( WorldAtmosphere.WorldSizeFactor.Value ) 

And digging I found out that that is the repartition on normal speed of the EndGamePollutionThreshold in the PollutionManager Script : 

As you can see the designer probably overlooked a detail here I get what the person tried to do but that result to inconsistents values depending on the nuber of player recomanded map by map

Note : WorldSizeFactor --> is mapRatioIngame in the sheet & the base budget is the EndGamePollutionThreshold depending on the game speed, here : normal speed value : 20k the problem is even worse with other speeds

Assuming the 5k pollution budget per player the map ratio in the DB should be (mapRatioIngame column) :

And there you will have a consistent pollution budget depending on the number of players on the map. 

For thoose who wonder why some game end so fast due to pollution, here you got the reason :D 

PS : made a bepinex mod allowing for customization of thoose parameters if anyone is interested, let me know and i'll put it anywhere needed :) 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2021, 11:07:50 AM

Very nice!  Thanks a million for this. I found your bepinex mod on mod.io. I will be using it to normalize the pollution settings on my next playthrough. Thanks again.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2021, 12:57:30 PM

Its not a mistake, they are basing the pollution allowed on the number of tiles on the map not the number of players. (except for small which gets a bit less pollution allowance per tile). Whether that’s the right approach or not is a different issue.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 16, 2021, 12:12:18 AM
PopsiclePrime wrote:

Very nice!  Thanks a million for this. I found your bepinex mod on mod.io. I will be using it to normalize the pollution settings on my next playthrough. Thanks again.

You are welcome ! :D

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message