Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Aug 7, 2022, 2:35:15 PM

Hi All,

I don't know if this only happens in my games,

but I play versus Normal Level AI

and every single time I counter their proposal,

they refuse.

If I'm not mistaken, this could easily be exploited to avoid a Grievance on their side

because it wasn't me who refused their treaty. It was them who refused mine.

Anyone else have this issue?

Should they maybe agree sometimes, depending on their Money balance?

Or just learn to stop proposing if they know I will counter and they don't mean to accept the counter?

On a side note: shouldn't the amount of Money in the Counter be changeable?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 7, 2022, 6:53:39 PM

Most of the time, AI is short on money. They do not stock up on it on purpose, only if they cannot do anything else with it.

That's at least my observation.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 7, 2022, 9:25:44 PM
shakee wrote:

Most of the time, AI is short on money. They do not stock up on it on purpose, only if they cannot do anything else with it.

That's at least my observation.

Yeah, this has been my observation/assumption too.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 8, 2022, 11:23:32 AM

The AI also knows this trick do. If they don't want to give you a grievance from refusal, they'll counter (and you don't have enough money!)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 8, 2022, 1:27:40 PM

Thanks for the replies.

I still think that:

A. The AI needs to learn how to save money.

B. There should be an option to set the amount of the Counter sum.

Thanks

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 8, 2022, 2:39:20 PM
vensa wrote:

++

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 9, 2022, 8:27:31 AM

Hey folks,

Thanks for the feedback. You're right, the AI does not stockpile money for the sake of it, it always does to perform something. So getting a counter-proposition is always a surprise it can't pay for (even though it wants to accept). 

We've noticed that the Accept action is locked if your immediate money stock is not enough to cover the cost. I've talked to the design team, it turns out, that's not how that's supposed to work. Allowing debt would help the AI behave better in this situation. There should be some improvement on that front in a relatively near future (I can't promise when though).

Cheers,

Alex.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 13, 2022, 9:35:36 AM
ZanAlex wrote:

Hey folks,

Thanks for the feedback. You're right, the AI does not stockpile money for the sake of it, it always does to perform something. So getting a counter-proposition is always a surprise it can't pay for (even though it wants to accept). 

We've noticed that the Accept action is locked if your immediate money stock is not enough to cover the cost. I've talked to the design team, it turns out, that's not how that's supposed to work. Allowing debt would help the AI behave better in this situation. There should be some improvement on that front in a relatively near future (I can't promise when though).

Cheers,

Alex.

Though I think the AI needs more MoneyStock awareness and the MoneyNet he gains. After End game and taking some looks into the overall stats of the other Empires, there are some which seem to be not able to handle it. Most of the time AI will rectify this issue by building districts only. I also noticed, that AI empires deems placing pops as traders as low priority if they have money problems. The first circled only has one city and and all trader slots are filled due to overpopulation, but his unit upkeep is too high for that gain. He is also bankrupt for like 67 or 68 turns. The willingness to rectify this seems low.

The last one is also in negative but only for 2-3 turns, that one is probably fine for awhile.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 13, 2022, 5:00:02 PM
shakee wrote:
ZanAlex wrote:

Hey folks,

Cheers,

Alex.

Though I think the AI needs more MoneyStock awareness and the MoneyNet he gains. After End game and taking some looks into the overall stats of the other Empires, there are some which seem to be not able to handle it. Most of the time AI will rectify this issue by building districts only. I also noticed, that AI empires deems placing pops as traders as low priority if they have money problems. The first circled only has one city and and all trader slots are filled due to overpopulation, but his unit upkeep is too high for that gain. He is also bankrupt for like 67 or 68 turns. The willingness to rectify this seems low.

The last one is also in negative but only for 2-3 turns, that one is probably fine for awhile.

Interesting!

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 13, 2022, 5:44:48 PM

This is GUI Tools, a BePinEx mod you can find on mod.io for humankind. Pretty handy thing, especially for modders.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 17, 2022, 10:52:32 AM
vensa wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

I still think that:

Thanks

Option B would be a major improvement to the current situation.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message