Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Spoils of Battle and Instant Resolution

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Dec 4, 2022, 1:42:35 PM

You gain money for winning battles in instant resolution mode and none for winning manually. Why? For what reason? Is that a bug or something?

Frankly, the combat might be not only the most intricate and well thought out part of this game, but the most enjoyable one too. Why would I ever want to skip it entirely? I want to see my special units fight, retain as many as possible and have them gain veterancy levels how I choose. And I get rewarded only for surrendering these things to the whims and terrible decisions of the AI? What point is there, for instance, in picking the Spanish then? Or the clandestine scouting ability from the Siege Cannons technology?
It is probably not a high priority issue but if it’s not bugged then I don't understand the logic behind it.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 5, 2022, 1:21:26 PM

Of course!

Sorry if the quality is low, but as you can see here, independent mercenary army grants a good amount of spoils after instant resolution.

Take their flag and defeat all their units in manual combat and they grant no spoils; notice the money total in top right did not go up. I should specify that spoils from wildlife work as intended for me, just other empires and Independant people tend to give nothing after manual combat.

Windows Steam current Version 1.19.3556.0 no DLC

Save file: Agrarians.ctr

I made this thread just yesterday, but I've noticed others discussing this topic a year back, and iirc manual combat has never given me spoils since game launch.

Hope I could help

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 6, 2022, 8:24:42 PM

I never knew you could get spoils from battle except with wildlife because I've never chosen anything except Manual Resolution... 

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 12, 2022, 7:08:42 AM

yes, not getting any spoils has been really bothering me.  It feels extremely unrewarding to get nothing after winning epic battles.  Every time I manual a battle I get nothing.  and so far, the spoils from auto are too pathetic.   and on that, the spoils from ransacking are pathetic.  I honestly hate it.  I really hope they fix this, or there's a mod to improve spoils because it's depressing

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 12, 2022, 4:50:33 PM

Hi, thank you for your report.

We filed an issue for this bug.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks a lot again!

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 13, 2022, 3:18:26 AM

I picked Spanish not long ago and I thought they were nerfed since I was not getting spoils. Glad you realized it and brough it up.

0Send private message
10 months ago
Jul 5, 2023, 2:11:54 PM

Wow never realized you could get spoils of war this way since I only do manual battles.  This bug still exists 7 months later unfortunately.

0Send private message
10 months ago
Jul 10, 2023, 2:37:51 PM
ContraryPoke wrote:

Wow never realized you could get spoils of war this way since I only do manual battles.  This bug still exists 7 months later unfortunately.

If not mistaken this should be fixed? If its still happening to you, could you share Save + Diagnostic Files?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message