Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Audio issues and game slows down

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Dec 23, 2020, 3:56:33 PM

My game slows down after around 100 turns, also i have an issue with the audio where the audio would stutter badly at times, especially when opening the diplomacy screen, anyone else has this issue?

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 23, 2020, 11:34:44 PM

Roughly the same here, my game did not slow down, but the audio would stutter really bad. Completely left the game and reload the save will resolve it.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 24, 2020, 12:17:08 AM

Same here. Playing on a new G7 Dell laptop with Intel i7-10750 and a GeForce RTX 2070 card on a 4K monitor. Midway through the game, experienced slow choppy FPS and audio. The laptop CPU was hitting TjMAX at 99 degrees Celsius and thermal throttling. I have to exit game, give the CPU a minute or two to cool down and then I can restart Humankind and it plays fine... For 20 turns, then I need to exit to desktop and start the game again after the CPU has cooled down. Rinse and repeat. Video card shows no significant load though while playing the Lucy OpenDev, only the CPU suffers.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 26, 2020, 7:29:37 AM
danisans wrote:

Same here. Playing on a new G7 Dell laptop with Intel i7-10750 and a GeForce RTX 2070 card on a 4K monitor. Midway through the game, experienced slow choppy FPS and audio. The laptop CPU was hitting TjMAX at 99 degrees Celsius and thermal throttling. I have to exit game, give the CPU a minute or two to cool down and then I can restart Humankind and it plays fine... For 20 turns, then I need to exit to desktop and start the game again after the CPU has cooled down. Rinse and repeat. Video card shows no significant load though while playing the Lucy OpenDev, only the CPU suffers.

Yeah, am playing on an i7-10750 as well but with a 1660ti, never actually checked temperature of my cpu but i know it reaches something like 90% workload on my new legion 5 laptop

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 26, 2020, 10:47:24 AM

Same here, after 100+ turns, stuttering, and finally the game is basically only responding in slow motion. However, it pays off to be patient, save the game, and reload, then at least for a turn or two you can play. smoothly again. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 26, 2020, 11:56:10 AM

I am playing on a desktop i9 9900 3.6 with 64MB RAM and a 2080Ti - I don't think the stutter bug is based on too high temperature.

Here a short video of the bug for devs.

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/4c8c6164f3a87efbe3d86afe3f3c851c20201226115000/0953371918b3489997d8273e9057c5c920201226115048/2a925a

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 26, 2020, 7:05:43 PM

I am playing on a G703GX, i9-8950, Geoforce RTX 2080; stuttering occurs in most games, starting in turn 50-70 on average and gets progressively worse each time. The stuttering will worsen in cycles, then get better, but the cycles become more frequent and the peak (worst/slowest stuttering) of each cycle gets worse over time.  save/quit/reload does temporarily stop the stuttering but it picks back up quickly.  I noticed the sound stuttering doesn't seem to correlate directly to video stuttering - as in the game slows down but the game FPS doesn't deteriorate in the same way the sound does, and the graphics don't get choppy on the same cycle as the sound stuttering.  This issue makes each game unplayable over time.  I would want to know this issue has been addressed before April.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 28, 2020, 4:41:54 AM

I had the problem also. I published it at r/HumankindTheGame under "Stuck in Limbo at T 140. Beginning with turns in 70s the the music and video would flicker and not responding messages would pop-up. A little patience and it resolved on its own initially. The situation worsened gradually to crashes, the first at T 97 and the game took forever to play. At T 140 I gave up. I was trying to push through because I wanted to have a chance to make comments. BUT at T 140 the game would no longer reload. I waited 30 minutes the first time and had to Control/Alt/Delete to exit the screen. I tried to load it once more and waited an hour and never loaded. Frustrating.

A guy who works in game development on the programming side thought it was a game side issue. His rationale was if it were computer hardware it would have started from the beginning. But because my situation (and all of yours too) began mid to late game he felt that it was "bad garbage handling" whatever that means. 

I am running a i5 processor, with 8G RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce GT 730. Never had a problem playing Stellaris or Civ6 (Gathering Storm) on Steam.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 28, 2020, 5:11:29 AM

same issue for me.  It started again close to turn 100 on one game and on another I started it replicates almost at the exact same turn and continues on throughout.  So much so, I'm having trouble getting to the end.  On turn 129 now and it happens about every two turns.  It's not overly taxing my Ryzen 1600 1st gen but when it hangs up the resource monitor will show the game is unresponsive.  It hits up my 16GB of 3200 DDR4 at about 60-65% and does have some hard memory faults that pop up from time to time.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 28, 2020, 6:06:48 AM

Same. Definitely started about turn 100. Had to save and reload every few turns to get it to run better. Reloading also would completely change the Culture maps

0Send private message
3 years ago
Dec 28, 2020, 6:30:41 AM

I am chalking most of the bad performance up to it being a prerelease version of the game. I hope it gets a lot better by release. Performance getting bad is one thing, but the audio issues make the game unplayable

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jan 3, 2021, 3:50:41 AM
CorranRust wrote:

same issue for me.  It started again close to turn 100 on one game and on another I started it replicates almost at the exact same turn and continues on throughout.  So much so, I'm having trouble getting to the end.  On turn 129 now and it happens about every two turns.  It's not overly taxing my Ryzen 1600 1st gen but when it hangs up the resource monitor will show the game is unresponsive.  It hits up my 16GB of 3200 DDR4 at about 60-65% and does have some hard memory faults that pop up from time to time.

Update on this...while I realize it's a few days past the end now...the slow down/crash issues that kept popping up every turn prevented me from having time to finish all 150 turns (got to turn 142)...since I had started multiple games, instead of running through the first one right away.  While I certainly hope it's only due to early game issues...I was very disappointed to not be able to see what specific questions the devs were going to ask at the end for feedback.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2021, 4:47:28 PM
notafunnyguy32 wrote:

My game slows down after around 100 turns, also i have an issue with the audio where the audio would stutter badly at times, especially when opening the diplomacy screen, anyone else has this issue?

This is exactly what happens to me and I have to occasionally quit and reopen in order to fix it. I can even launch nukes in a sequential order or it wont work. I have to make sure everything is fresh and up to speed. Launch one then quit to go through the process all over again.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 19, 2021, 9:19:52 PM
e2theipi wrote:

Same with me, but audio stutters from Turn 1

This is happening with me as well. Are there any fixes in this thread or just a slew of people facing the same issue?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message