Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

UI: Construction Queue shows infinite time without explanation

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 4:18:20 PM
While building a unit, the number of turns until completion showed as "infinite" and the completion bar had a "padlock" symbol. But there was no explanation as to why this occurred, even when I hovered over those icons expecting a tooltip. The city has 5 population (so it can afford to lose one to the unit) and it has a surplus of industry (in fact, it's "Overproductive"). And in fact the city does appear to be constructing the unit, just the UI is at worst wrong and at best does not supply the information needed.

Unfortunately I can't give detailed steps to reproduce yet as this is my first playthrough and there's a lot to take in. But here is a screenshot.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 4:21:52 PM

Hi, a few thing can lock the construction, could you send us a save ?

On the top of my head, do you have a full army on top of the spawn point of the unit ? If you have the unit cannot be spawned, so the construction stop until there is space available on the spawn point.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 18, 2021, 3:55:59 PM

I have tried to reproduce the problem from the saves I made at the same time as the screenshot, but sadly I can't. I will update you if I find a reproducible case.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 7, 2021, 12:15:23 AM

I found this looking for an answer on the same situation. For me it was not having enough of the strategic resource needed for production; I had enough at the start, but after a change in trade I did not. See if there are any details in the item/unit tooltip that would explain the halt.

From a dev point of view it would be nice to have an alert in this situation, as it can lock a city up for quite a while if it's not noticed.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message