Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Endlessly Pending Turn

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 23, 2021, 10:09:07 PM

I’ve been having trouble with Turn 46 on my first play through with Zhou. When I click End Turn the game is pending forever and I can’t progress to Turn 47. This is a very frustrating bug since it stops all gameplay. What I’ve tried already is manual save during pending and reload, quick save and then quick reload, and reload a few turns back - all of which to no success. A bug fix for this would be greatly appreciated since I really want to progress further. Thanks 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 24, 2021, 3:07:54 AM

I have continued a bit and I can help out a bit more. It seems to be when a city has a *unit* as its production and it’s close to finishing (2 or 3 turns before finishing).

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 3, 2021, 12:22:32 PM

same, happened on 3 different saved games now. always had to start over... no solution online

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 8, 2021, 1:12:31 AM

Ive had the same issue twice.  Hangs around turn 253 and no matter how far I go back and reboot, it still hangs on 253. Reallllly sucks to crushing a game and cant continue playing.  please fix these.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 10, 2021, 5:14:38 PM

I have the exact same issue, turn 77 with Carthaginians. Have tried everything, worse, it was the 1st game I was winning. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 10, 2021, 5:31:19 PM

There was a temp solution in another threat on this - press f5 for quick save and then f9 for quick load when you experience the endless turn. After saving/loading this way you are through. Works any time.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 11, 2021, 7:02:56 PM

F5 quick saves and then F9 has not worked, neither manual saves. Still stuck at turn 77.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 14, 2021, 2:09:48 AM

Same problem, turn info attached. There was a similar bug where it would hang and get stuck but if I would save and then load it would just drop me off in the turn unfrozen. Simple fix, was delightful. Now on the other hand if I try to load those files and do the same save/load trick the entire game crashes and has to be forced closed with task manager. 

I tested this more and loaded save files that were way further back to replay up to the same point in the game with different variables. I would ensure a war didn't get started a few turns back, choose different narrative prompts, alter building cues, nothing changes the end result of the game permanently freezing at that exact turn. I'm so curious what it's trying to initiate on that turn that it can't handle.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 23, 2021, 11:55:13 AM

I've been playing a lot and there was always a few bugs where it didn't skip the game but a restart solved the problem every time. But in my recent game at round 879 it does not skip. Doesn't matter what I do. Its not possible to skip. Its just not loading. I tried to wait but I waited almost 5 hours and it didn't worked.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 29, 2021, 11:32:49 AM

I am experiencing the same problem on my 2nd playthrough on the game. It refuses to get past turn 128. On my first playthrough on the game I managed to play till the end. I am playing both games on Humankind difficulty. I have also tired all the listed workarounds but with no luck. Has anyone managed to get some feedback on this issue from the Humankind developers? I see this is an issue has been highlighted from August, so there should have been a game update that fixes this issue now 2 months later. Is is really frustrating and stops me from wanting to play the game as I could easily run into the same issue even if I start the game from scratch again. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 31, 2021, 1:41:42 PM

Same issue, game keeps getting stuck on pending turn, pretty much unplayable with this issue. Tried rolling back a few saves and no change.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Nov 2, 2021, 1:01:53 PM

I am experiencing the same issue, started happening around turn 400 when I started using nukes. A workaround I have found is to manually save the game while it is stuck on turn pending, go to main menu and manually load the saved game. Trick has worked for me so far (now on turn 550). Hope this bug gets resolved soon.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 22, 2021, 8:49:45 PM

Playing on steam and updates always fresh I have same problem. Does anybody has a solution for this bug. Stuck at turn 280 and endless loading

0Send private message
2 years ago
Nov 22, 2021, 11:25:47 PM

I went to turn 200 without problem.

Then I reloaded the turn 191 auto-save in order to merge cities for the 300 population objective of the Event. I went to the event page, but the counter hadn't updated, so I thought I had to get to next turn, so back to turn 191 auto-save, merge cities again, click end turn. It froze then.

The event objective had been reached, however, which was the goal of all this. No problem going to turn 201 from my turn 200 save.

So I'm not stuck, but if this difference between the 2 behaviour can help...

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 6, 2021, 8:08:59 PM

Just encountered this same problem on two different games. Can't think of anything that was similar in circumstances. It just seems like it's not optimised, but I doubt that's the case. Reload however many turns back, didn't move units, just completed events required to get to the next turn but the game still freezes on turn 212. I'll try the manual save when the turn is pending and then manually load and see if that works. Pretty disappointing that Amplitude hasn't fixed this since Sept...

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 8, 2021, 3:30:55 PM

Greetings.

I have also experienced the same issue of endlessly pending turn. It was in turn 102 to 103. 

Would be really nice to have this issue fixed as soon as possible, because it is a game-killer. I was just on a good roll. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 14, 2021, 4:22:30 PM

Same issue here, in my first campaign.

I found a diagnostic file. I noticed a couple of critical errors:
01:38:53:945NoneSTACKSpecified argument was out of the range of valid values.
01:38:53:947NoneSTACKException caught in sandbox state 'SandboxState_TurnEnd'.

Diagnostic files are located in "My Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files".

Of course saving and loading doesn't work.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 15, 2021, 6:05:05 PM

This also happens for me now and then. Additionally, when trying to load a prior saved game(on any turn) for a game that has this issue it doesn't allow it and I get the following error message:

"The operation was canceled.

at Amplitude.Mercury.Game.Game+<DoStart>d__4.MoveNext () [0x00157] in <4bf1ee5cd5f444ebaff7bcbc57c91370>:0 

at Amplitude.Coroutine.Run () [0x00019] in <64c835451c4a41e180e10c1500a6fbd7>:0 "

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message