Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Can't log in to Games2gather account in Humankind

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 22, 2021, 6:12:48 PM

This was the case in the previous scenarios too. I log in with same credentials as here and it's doing nothing. After entering the username or mail and password and I press the button nothing really happens. The button is grayed out for a short while but then pops back to full color and nothing happens.

I have linked both Steam and Twitch.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 22, 2021, 10:23:33 PM
Edward8D wrote:

This was the case in the previous scenarios too. I log in with same credentials as here and it's doing nothing. After entering the username or mail and password and I press the button nothing really happens. The button is grayed out for a short while but then pops back to full color and nothing happens.

I have linked both Steam and Twitch.

The same happened to me too.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 23, 2021, 6:11:04 AM

Same here. Logged in here, relinked my Steam, no game appears in Steam, or in the Victor OpenDev page.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 5:05:35 PM

Hello, I'll just piggy back on this thread since it already exists and I have the same issue.

• Summary / Title: Cannot login to G2G (Games2Gether) in-game
  • Description:I cannot login to G2G after starting up the game, either using the full-page prompt at startup, or skipping that one and using the OpenDev Main Meny one.
    The UI behavior is as mentioned in the other posts above (grey button for a second).
  • Steps to Reproduce: 
  1. Start the game
  2. Attempt to connect using your G2G credentials in the startup prompt
  3. Skip the connect interface
  4. Attempt to connect using your G2G credentials in the main menu
  • Reproducibility: 5/5
  • Expected Behavior: The game should connect my account
  • Notes:
    • My password is over 50 characters with special characters. I don't know if it might be the case of a password limitation and/or special character limitation. (Like some bank websites)
    • The game DOES try to connect (as seen in the diagnostics file; the error isn't too descriptive)
      [G2GProfileManager] Error connecting: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
      {Stack} 
      Amplitude.Mercury.PlayerProfile.G2GPlayerProfileManager:ConnectRequest_UponException(System.Reflection.MonoParameterInfo, System.Reflection.MonoParameterInfo, System.Reflection.MonoParameterInfo)
  • Attachments: See the following diagnostics
0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 24, 2021, 10:01:41 PM

I did some testing. Apparently special characters or brackets break the login procedure. For me it worked after I set my pw generator to only use characters and numbers. Decreasing the character number from 50 to 20 before did not help.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 25, 2021, 3:23:59 PM
GaryTheGammarid wrote:

I did some testing. Apparently special characters or brackets break the login procedure. For me it worked after I set my pw generator to only use characters and numbers. Decreasing the character number from 50 to 20 before did not help.

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Seeing the issue from @VzioNARY and you helped narrow down the problem. I will keep the game team informed on this as we don't want to have you to dumb down your passwords.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 27, 2021, 1:30:45 PM
GaryTheGammarid wrote:

Thank you! I'll simplify the password then.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message