Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Buyout with population - examples

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Dec 19, 2021, 1:23:10 PM

I just play agriculture game and generate lots of population. The idea is to use the population in a different way by generating production and at the same time dissolving the population. I found out that it only makes sense if you have more than 50% population generation. You can see the details on the screen below. Do you also use forced labor to speed up your projects?

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 21, 2021, 2:57:10 PM

Interesting, good summary. It gives me the idea to test it a little bit more, thanks for the picture!

How do you reach the 100% cap? In my games I had the feeling that it was a theoritical asymptote, I never reached it (in 90%+ range at the closest - but maybe I did not push enough ^^).

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 21, 2021, 5:48:56 PM

Thank you for your answer. 100% is possible only theoreticaly. With very high food surplus (4950) you can get 99%.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 14, 2022, 2:47:34 PM

For anyone interested I have a done a little google sheet that show the % prod gain in function of : (a) pops sacrified, (b) growth and (c) prod/pop.

Some key values regarding the Growth threshold from which there is a production gain (at standard 6 prod/pop - with more prod/pop the threshold is lower) :

Pop sacrified
Growth threshold
20%
34%
43%
50%
67%
75%
88%
100% *theorical

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 14, 2022, 6:32:34 PM
Kruos wrote:

I have a done a little google sheet that show the % prod gain in function of : (a) pops sacrified, (b) growth and (c) prod/pop.

Some key values regarding equivalent production gain (at standard 6 prod/pop - with more prod/pop the gain threshold is lower) :

Pop sacrified
Growth threshold gain
20%
34%
43%
50%
67%
75%
88%
100% *theorical

It looks very interesting and extend my previous "research". So now we have information about what will happen ones we sacrifie another number of pop then 4. Thank you for that.

Unfortunately I cannot access the spread sheet.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 15, 2022, 2:23:39 AM
paxis76 wrote:

It looks very interesting and extend my previous "research". So now we have information about what will happen ones we sacrifie another number of pop then 4. Thank you for that.

Sorry I forgot to put it in free access, it should be good now. Let me know! :)

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 15, 2022, 10:54:22 AM
Kruos wrote:
paxis76 wrote:

Yes, now I have access but it is not possible to change the parameters. I don't know if you can give us the opportunity. 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Aug 15, 2022, 4:32:21 PM
paxis76 wrote:
Kruos wrote:
paxis76 wrote:

Yes, now I have access but it is not possible to change the parameters. I don't know if you can give us the opportunity. 

Ah I have protected some parts of the sheet to avoid someone break the formula by inadvertance. But yes no problem, I will remove the protection and put a warning in place so you can change the parameters.

If you have question on how to use/interpret the table feel free to ask. :)

EDIT: Actually I have added a little 'how to' to help reading the table and use it.

EDIT2: For comodity I have finally added a "Gain" synthesis cell to show directly the net equivalent gain.

Updated 2 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message