Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Line of Sight - Ranged Attack

Copied to clipboard!
2 years ago
Feb 28, 2022, 2:52:17 PM

I have tried to show the most important rules in one picture. It is certainly not complete but it gives the most important information. Have fun with it.

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 28, 2022, 5:16:42 PM

How would people feel if your unit could fire in the bottom two scenarios but would receive a hefty damage penalty and friendly fire damage would be applied to the friendly unit in the line of fire in the bottom left scenario? 

0Send private message
2 years ago
Feb 28, 2022, 6:05:26 PM
MadDutchman wrote:

How would people feel if your unit could fire in the bottom two scenarios but would receive a hefty damage penalty and friendly fire damage would be applied to the friendly unit in the line of fire in the bottom left scenario? 

It is interesting idea but I don't know if Amplitude will change something to the base. Maybe a mod?

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 27, 2022, 3:16:55 AM

Hmmm I did not know you could not shoot up a cliff if the target is one or more square back. I just don't like, and find it confusing, how you can't attain LOS if a unit abstains 50% of your sight as in your final frame. I'd think you could at least squeeze it in there but... no.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Mar 27, 2022, 8:23:53 AM

There's two ticks of height difference between unit and target so you can't fire at it, it's pretty consistent within its own rules.

What I'd love to see, is taking away indirect fire from archers and change it so that they can fire at enemy in bottom two scenarios, i.e. they could fire over one tick of elevation, to make archers work more along the lines of, well, actual archers instead of having them fire over mountains (and give them generic classical variant, so they can keep up CS-wise after nerf). Only issue I see with that is I have no idea how to word the tooltip, if they decided to not provide 'two ticks of elevation' info in the general tooltip.

0Send private message
a year ago
Jan 23, 2023, 9:07:10 PM

Finally I have made a new version. New rules since 1.0.13.2719 Battuta (July 2022).  The high of trees and units was reduce to 1. I have switched also colors (red = hit ; green = no hit) and new situation are selected. Have a fun with it!

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message