Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Who build city walls in Humankind and why?

Copied to clipboard!
0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 4:47:17 AM

Walls are a good advantage during wars, first they block cavalry, then in a defense your archers are safe. Second, some unit must invade the wall, so as long as there is a unit on the edge of the city, the invaders will have to attack it and move inside the wall in the next turn, So you can leave a city with just archers and use the resistance units generated to defend the wall, and then just rain arrows on the invaders. Third, the wall gives a CS bonus to the units within it. Thus, until they reach firearms and cannons, the invaders depend on spending several turns surrounding the city to manufacture siege weapons, if you don't want to lose many units climbing a wall. But after the cannons they become obsolete, just take a fleet of ships and shoot them down from a distance, then with bomber planes and missiles.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 7:46:56 AM

1. Yes, the city walls block cavalry, but each city already starts with a fence, and the fence also blocks cavalry. So for this you do not need to build a city wall

2. Archers are also safer through fences, because cavalry can not invade.

3. City walls do not give additional CS points for the defending army. City walls only increase the strength of city walls, so that they are harder to destroy with siege weapons.

So, in fact, I don't see much point in building them.

0Send private message
0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 4:10:12 PM
docktorkain wrote:

Vanilla? No point whatsoever in building walls

I wanted to start your VIP mod and check what the city wall do but the mod does not start (or I don't see any changes for city walls). What was changed in this mod as far as city wall is concerned?

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 6:13:16 PM
paxis76 wrote:
docktorkain wrote:

I wanted to start your VIP mod and check what the city wall do but the mod does not start (or I don't see any changes for city walls). What was changed in this mod as far as city wall is concerned?

They give +15 stability each (and the acqueduct line gives growth instead of stability).

Also, what is the problem? The mod refuses to start? Is it updated to the latest version (v5.07)?

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 8:51:35 PM
docktorkain wrote:
paxis76 wrote:
docktorkain wrote:

They give +15 stability each (and the acqueduct line gives growth instead of stability).

Also, what is the problem? The mod refuses to start? Is it updated to the latest version (v5.07)?

Now it works and your idea for city walls is simple but it helps a lot. Hopefully we get some buff for city walls from Amplitude.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 9:22:12 PM
paxis76 wrote:

1. Yes, the city walls block cavalry, but each city already starts with a fence, and the fence also blocks cavalry. So for this you do not need to build a city wall

2. Archers are also safer through fences, because cavalry can not invade.

3. City walls do not give additional CS points for the defending army. City walls only increase the strength of city walls, so that they are harder to destroy with siege weapons.

So, in fact, I don't see much point in building them.

They do not give cs bonus??????????

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 23, 2023, 9:31:30 PM

Being behind city walls gives your troops a +6 "Fortified" buff, regardless of having Bastions, Stone Walls, Palisades or even Fences (the level 0 wall). Building walls infrastructures do not increase that bonus at all, only make them more hard to break down with siege engines.

0Send private message
8 months ago
Sep 25, 2023, 12:48:13 PM

Not gonna lie, city walls are very pretty.

But because fences are just as good as palisades in many situations, as has been said above, I get around to building only when I have a lull in other things to build.  It would be nice if city wall infrastructure increased stability (as Docktorkain's mod does ) or maybe improved the defensive CS of people behind the wall progressively more than just a static fortified buff.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message