Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Mod Tools Outside of Steam

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Dec 14, 2022, 8:27:33 PM

I got the game through the microsoft store when it was released due to the gamepass discount, and I have all the DLC through there as well. Do I have to re-buy the game on steam to have access to the mod tools? I just want to make a mod that disables prowlers since the AI spamming them frustrates me. Mainly hearing the noise they make over and over again when spotted in battle. It's to the point where I stop playing once an AI gets prowlers. Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong spot, I figured this would be the best area.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 16, 2022, 11:27:49 AM
johnsonb2090 wrote:

I got the game through the microsoft store when it was released due to the gamepass discount, and I have all the DLC through there as well. Do I have to re-buy the game on steam to have access to the mod tools? I just want to make a mod that disables prowlers since the AI spamming them frustrates me. Mainly hearing the noise they make over and over again when spotted in battle. It's to the point where I stop playing once an AI gets prowlers. Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong spot, I figured this would be the best area.

Unfortunately the mod tools are only added to your library on steam if you have the game, sorry.

Maybe another modder will have some tips that might help you..

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 16, 2022, 1:43:13 PM
johnsonb2090 wrote:

If someone with the mod tools simply zip them and send the program to you, you can unzip and use it with no installation needed. However, if thats the only mod you want to do, it is quite simple and I can do it for you once I get home later today.

0Send private message
a year ago
Dec 21, 2022, 6:31:39 PM
docktorkain wrote:
johnsonb2090 wrote:

If someone with the mod tools simply zip them and send the program to you, you can unzip and use it with no installation needed. However, if thats the only mod you want to do, it is quite simple and I can do it for you once I get home later today.

If someone could provide the tools that would be awesome, but rather not get anyone in trouble. I used to mess with Civ IV modding, and I'm interested in getting into humankind modding. I'm actually a big fan of Vanilla Improvement Mod and your recent changes to prowlers has for the most part made me fine with them lol. So no need to make an individual mod, I don't really play vanilla these days anyways. I'm going to wait for the next steam sale and just pick it up to have access to the mod tools! 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message