Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

How do I change/create a new culture affinity bonus?

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Apr 24, 2023, 5:21:36 PM

Hi, does anyone know where I can change/create a new affinity bonus? I wanna rebalance the Agrarian and Builder bonuses (aka "Pride" and "Community") to give a permanent stability bonus instead of a temporary one. I can select different "Ability Type" presets under "SimulationEventEffect_UnlockEmpireExoticAbilityFlags" for each affinity but I cant change/create a new one. Suggestions are welcome as well.

I am not new to modding (but I am to modding Humankind) and I'm at "Coding for Dummies" coding level. I'm also unfamiliar with unity.

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 25, 2023, 4:46:44 PM
docktorkain wrote:

If you want to create a permanent effect you'll have to create a descriptor and apply it with the affinity effect

I specifically want to rebalance the effect to be similar to the original, but give a permanent bonus. For example, for "Pride" I wanted to give +3 or +4 permanent stability for every district built while the effect is active. So it would work exactly like the +10 stability effect, but permanently. Kind of like the Zhou but it wouldn't last for the whole game. Can this be done with a descriptor?

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 25, 2023, 8:54:36 PM
Vaken wrote:
docktorkain wrote:

If you want to create a permanent effect you'll have to create a descriptor and apply it with the affinity effect

I specifically want to rebalance the effect to be similar to the original, but give a permanent bonus. For example, for "Pride" I wanted to give +3 or +4 permanent stability for every district built while the effect is active. So it would work exactly like the +10 stability effect, but permanently. Kind of like the Zhou but it wouldn't last for the whole game. Can this be done with a descriptor?

Yes it can be done

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message