Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Can a modder fix AIs broken by Vauban update

Copied to clipboard!
a year ago
Apr 27, 2023, 11:14:44 PM

Ever since Vauban hit, while a game is set for 10 players, Huge map, Endless speed, roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of the Ai players no longer build cities. 300+ turns in, nothing had changed since Ifirst hit Ancient. The same 5 playewrs who never built cities, still hadn't built any cities.

Tried two games before "rolling back" to pre-vauban. Both games,  4 of 9 players built cities. 4 others built 1-3 outposts each, but were all struggling due to Independent Peoples running around burning down their outposts, and one token player (the Lucy AI in 2nd game) never built anything at all. just wandered around on their lone starting unit, never even building an outpost.

Not fun to play on Huge maps now. 80% of the entire map remains grey and empty, not counting the floods of Independent Peoples who spawn (who cares, they're useless, all they do is run around burning down AI outposts, due to the Ais not building cities)

We need a mod fast that "teaches" ALL Ai players how to build cities again.

TEST NOTE: I can gift up to 2 cities each to each AI who never builds cities themselves. From that point on, they behave normally. They seem simply unable to build that first city on their own any longer.

Thoughts?  

HELP!!! ><  ;'(

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 28, 2023, 6:55:32 AM

The big mod, VIP modpack?

I admit, I figured a major update like this would "break" all the big mods, like VIP and ENC etc.   figured I'd remove them, play with only a couple tiny mods that don't change any units etc

I'll give it a shot next game. can you tell me WHY you're so sure the AI will be working properly in VIP? (just curious)

Either way, Thanks! ;D

0Send private message
0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 29, 2023, 4:18:32 AM
xuzheqi wrote:

Because I played yesterday, the AI works fine and is better than before

Well. I just abandoned a 350+ turn game I was playing using VIP and the Vauban update, because I got the EXACT SAME RESULTS.

4 Ais built cities; 4 built only outpost(s); and 1 Ai built nothing at all.

Seems the problem is the use of custom maps, maybe? I'm using a Huge Earth variant, which until Vauban always worked perfectly. All 9 AIs used to builc cities and behave normally.

Or maybe it's because I play on Endless speed?

WHO KNOWS?

It pains and saddens me to confess i'm now just DONE with tjhis game. I liked it a lot, but now it's unplayable using Custom maps (or whatever is causing this problem).

I don't want to go back to the older version, and not be able to use any of the 6 new wonders added. 

Someday, MAYBE, something will change that will return the AI to acting normally. Right now, it's "4 of 9 work normal, period, no mater which AIs you pick, it's always 4 of 9 on a 10 player custom map".

I wish some modder would simply offer a mod that ensures ALL Ai players wqill found their first city normally. Because that's all that's wrong. If you "gift" outposts or cities to the Ai players who DON'T build cities, then they will accept them and start playing normally.

Is this really such a hard fix???

Seeya in another game, it won't be this one ever again until and unless they fix it...

0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 29, 2023, 4:50:24 AM

scottfreitas wrote:
Well. I just abandoned a 350+ turn game I was playing using VIP and the Vauban update, because I got the EXACT SAME RESULTS.

Please upload your savegames and diagnostic files so the devs can try to pinpoint the bug to fix it

0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 29, 2023, 9:15:16 AM

Oh, wow! Docktorkain! I love your mod work, you're a legend! ;D

Um... ok. I assume you mean i need to make an email, attach a file... and send it WHERE?

I have no idea to whom I would "upload" the files you mentioned (files which I'll have to find, never looked for such things before).

0Send private message
a year ago
Apr 29, 2023, 10:59:22 AM
scottfreitas wrote:
... ok. I assume you mean i need to make an email, attach a file... and send it WHERE?

No. I mean create a post here in this forum (to be more specific in the bug reports part of it) and use the "attach file" button to send the files here.

You can find the save games and diagnostics inside your User/Documents/humankind folder. The diagnostics are inside the Temporary Files subfolder and the savegames under the Savegames subfolder

Also thanks for the compliment :D  

Updated a year ago.
0Send private message
a year ago
May 2, 2023, 9:37:30 AM
scottfreitas wrote:

Oh, wow! Docktorkain! I love your mod work, you're a legend! ;D

Um... ok. I assume you mean i need to make an email, attach a file... and send it WHERE?

I have no idea to whom I would "upload" the files you mentioned (files which I'll have to find, never looked for such things before).

You can create the bug report Here, but to make it easier for you, you can just drop them here and i move the thread.
Here is were you can find the files

• Save File > \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Save Files 
  • Diagnostic File >  \Users\[username]\Documents\Humankind\Temporary Files 

Also, you will need to use a compressor, like .zip

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message