logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[Map] Huge Azeroth v1.2

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 17, 2021, 2:15:36 PM

Hi!

I am really happy that Humankind has a map editor such as this, and I was really surprised when I saw just what it could do. And so I've decided to give it a try, see what will happen and, well, here's the result:

I mapped down and divided into territories most zones (except Redridge, kind of forgot Redridge exists). Given them all a biome that made them look as close as they appear in the game. I used the natural wonders, either in place of their counterparts or because I wanted something special an area (Wintergrasp having Lake Baikal for example.

This all wouldn't have been possible without the map import tool and the map made by Sturmbart that I used for the import tool (I made Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms larger).

https://humankind.mod.io/map-huge-azeroth

The map file for 8 players spawn locations:

Slot 1: Pandaria (Jade Forest)
Slot 2: Stormwind

Slot 3: Ironforge

Slot 4: Thunderbluff

Slot 5: Orgrimmar

Slot 6: Silverpine Forest

Slot 7: Darkshore

Slot 8: Northrend (Right between Sholazar and Icecrown)

The map file for 6 players spawn locations:

Slot 1: Stormwind

Slot 2: Mulgore

Slot 3: Ironforge

Slot 4: Durotar

Slot 5: Silverpine Forest

Slot 6: Darkshore

The map file goes into /Documents/Humankind/Maps

To play in a specific slot (perhaps you want a Darkshore start), make the lobby, turn it into a multiplayer lobby and join in the slot you want. After that you can switch to singleplayer and it will save you in the slot you chose.

Warning: this isn't a balanced map, more so a fun map to play with friends. I placed special tiles where they aesthetically fit and in abnormal amounts. Almost all of the Luxuries were placed randomly if I didn't know where to put them. Strategics are somewhat placed in a balanced way. Somewhat.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 20, 2021, 11:24:30 PM

This is juicy, but i did notice that the area around Lordaeron Palace/Undercity is essentially a barren wasteland - it also doesn't have the large lake south of it with Fenris Isle (Not that the island should be included, but the lake probably) which is larger than the lake with scholomance to the east of it.

Anyway, I liked it!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 21, 2021, 10:28:52 AM
ninjamaggot wrote:

This is juicy, but i did notice that the area around Lordaeron Palace/Undercity is essentially a barren wasteland - it also doesn't have the large lake south of it with Fenris Isle (Not that the island should be included, but the lake probably) which is larger than the lake with scholomance to the east of it.

Anyway, I liked it!

For the barren wasteland area: the map is supposedly post Fourth War so I included the present time wasteland there.

For the missed lake: thanks, I will keep it in mind for an update!

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 24, 2021, 3:24:43 PM

I have updated the map: https://humankind.mod.io/map-huge-azeroth

Changes:

- The map has been properly validated and should work on the latest version of the game (as of 24.09.2021)
- Made Lordamere lake chonkier
- Fixed some terrain that couldn't have been accessed before due to cliffs (thanks validation), had to forego some one tile islands however.
- Overhauled some of Northrend (Coldara is now a separate territory, added in Grizzly Hills, overhauled Dragonblight, changed things around in Borean Tundra)

0Send private message
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message