Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

[Mod] Add extra faction colors to your game

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 6, 2021, 11:39:12 PM

The mod adds 24 extra faction colors to the game ranging from light gray (and other neutrals) through navy blue and blood red. The mod can also be easily modified by players who want to add their own colors or remove colors (mod or original) from the game. The mod is called "Rainbow (more faction colors)" and you can download it here: https://gc2021.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 7, 2021, 4:11:32 AM

I'd love to see this kind of thing added to the vanilla game, I'm often at odds with the choices available.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 7, 2021, 4:16:17 AM

This mod is made for the base game, and it is not difficult to add. Further, the mod allows players to add whatever palette they want to the game while removing whatever original colors they don't want. It is made in a way that would make it very easy for players to share palettes with other people as well. :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 8, 2021, 4:39:12 PM

hi AOM, thank for sharing your work. loved every one of your mods! remove fog was particularly useful to quick testing my custom map

question: do you think it may be possible to turn on the option of starting era hinted in some of the files?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 8, 2021, 4:48:26 PM

Hi HumanKid, you're welcome. Thank you for your kind words! Yes, probably. We're finishing up testing a Fame score mod atm, but plan to look into the starting era.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 11, 2021, 6:38:27 AM
HumanKid wrote:

hi AOM, thank for sharing your work. loved every one of your mods! remove fog was particularly useful to quick testing my custom map

question: do you think it may be possible to turn on the option of starting era hinted in some of the files?

Hi HumanKid, we have made a mod that allows players to start in whatever era they want.

https://gc2021.com/showthread.php?tid=47

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 12, 2021, 12:12:12 PM

Would be nice if this were on mod.io  [would also be nice if mod.io would link to the game]

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 13, 2021, 12:30:20 AM
I guess I don't understand the ask. You can go to the link and download with no account and without signing in. We have no plans to put our mods anywhere but on our site. It's easier for us to upload to our site. If people have questions about our mods or problems with them, it's easier for us to talk to people about that at our site. Also we can share tutorials there like the one that shows people how to use the "Add Extra Faction Colors To Your Game" mod to add the colors they want and remove the ones they don't. That tutorial is HERE. We uploaded one mod on mod.io, and found that we prefer uploading to our own site. :)
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 16, 2021, 12:54:14 PM
Because I want to be able to go to one site to download mods, not multiple ones.  Also, installation of mods on mod.io is much easier than the multi-step process required on your site.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 1:43:21 AM

No matter where you download our mods from, you are going to have to do a multistep process. No site supports the direct download of a .dll mod into the game, and the game itself does not support this either. I get that you want to go to one site to download mods. We want to go to one site to upload them. We want to go to a site that allows us to also provide tutorials and easily answer people who have questions about our mods. We also want to go to a site that doesn't have a huge "Subscribe to install" button on our mod page that doesn't work. Our mods use the BepInEx system. That does not work with the mod.io site's subscribe system.

So, multiple sites it is. We have no plan to use the mod.io site. I understand that this isn't convenient for you, but the mod.io site is far too inconvenient/insufficient for us.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 17, 2021, 1:57:36 AM
Cristata wrote:

Very nice mod. Helps with the repetitive coloring for sure!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm really glad to read that you're enjoying the mod :)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 20, 2021, 12:19:36 PM
AOM wrote:
Cristata wrote:

Very nice mod. Helps with the repetitive coloring for sure!

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'm really glad to read that you're enjoying the mod :)

Hello do you plan to make mod with modding tools or just testing what is possible , a cool request you may already had gifting units gold and cities ( techs would be too noice ) ?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 20, 2021, 6:59:52 PM
Arphenix wrote: Hello do you plan to make mod with modding tools or just testing what is possible , a cool request you may already had gifting units gold and cities ( techs would be too noice ) ?

If the developer releases a modding tool, we will use it when we run into mods where it would be necessary (or helpful) to do so. We plan on looking into gifting units, gold, and cities, especially as part of the teams mod we have (available HERE) and plan to improve. We'd also like to look into allowing allies to join battles.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 22, 2021, 3:19:18 PM
AOM wrote:
Arphenix wrote: Hello do you plan to make mod with modding tools or just testing what is possible , a cool request you may already had gifting units gold and cities ( techs would be too noice ) ?

If the developer releases a modding tool, we will use it when we run into mods where it would be necessary (or helpful) to do so. We plan on looking into gifting units, gold, and cities, especially as part of the teams mod we have (available HERE) and plan to improve. We'd also like to look into allowing allies to join battles.

Noice now mods are unable ig for mod.io do you plan adding these on the site ?

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 22, 2021, 6:12:18 PM
Arphenix wrote:
Noice now mods are unable ig for mod.io do you plan adding these on the site ?

Our mods use the BepInEx system (as does the camera mod). These mods need to be installed in the appropriate folder before the game starts, not while it is running. It seems highly doubtful that the "subscribe" button will work properly for BepInEx mods, and uploading mods that don't work with the subscribe system will only cause confusion. We use the BepInEx system because it allows .dll mods that do not require any overwriting of game code to function.

Further, the mod.io site doesn't really have a means for us to share tutorials and other information such as a list of our updated mods. Lastly, it is simply easier for us to manage our things on our own site. So, ultimately, probably not.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 24, 2021, 12:47:09 AM

The new October update is supposed add "a color picker to the game settings that allows you to adjust the color...the available empire colors" to any color you wish. Image here.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 24, 2021, 1:03:33 AM

Yes, I commented in the developer's blog post. It's a great new feature, and once it's out, we plan to retire this mod as it will no longer be needed. :)

0Send private message
a year ago
Mar 17, 2023, 9:49:05 AM

FaeBriona wrote:

The new October update is supposed add "a color picker to the game settings that allows you to adjust the color...the available empire colors" to any color you wish. Image here.

A year past. Still nothing?

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message