Humankind
Universe banner wording

Endgame Techs & End the game Condition

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Aug 27, 2021, 3:49:13 PM

I posted this on the wrong forum,

Ani_Taneen wrote:

I love the Mars Mission Idea (though to be honest I still think human kind should build sky habitats on Venus, NASA LINK)

But I have not been able to accomplish this because the tech output at end of game is so high, that you often win from Tech rather than production of this mission.

I wanted to propose a similar victory for science, a narrative path to victory. Essentially you build research labs that consume science (like national wonders consume industry).

These labs focus on 4 technologies that are likely to change humankind, and I mean the human race altogether.

Mass Gene Editing 

prerequired World-Wide Web

Unlocks

• The Cure to Cancer - Earn +300 Fame
  • CRISPR Lab - a national project which consumes research instead of production, it's completion grants +50% Influence on Main Plaza & +100 Stability on all Cities

Completing the lab unlocks a narrative event as society deals with the end genetic decease, extension of life spans, and consumer gene modification

Nanomechanics

prerequired Fighter Jets

Unlocks

• Nano-Scale Circuits - Earn +300 Fame
  • Carbon Nanotubes Lab - a national project which consumes research instead of production, it's completion grants +50% Money on all Cities & +3 City Cap

Completing the lab unlocks a narrative event as society deals with a new generation of consumer electronics, construction materials, and water filtration systems.

Neural Implant 

prerequired Composite Armor

Unlocks

• Mind-Machine Interface - Earn +300 Fame
  • Neural Control Lab - a national project which consumes research instead of production, it's completion grants +8 Combat Strength & +4 Land Movement Speed

Completing the lab unlocks a narrative event as society deals with a the ability to interface directly into their machines.

Quantum Computing

prerequired Covert Operations

Unlocks

• Artificial Intelligence - Earn +300 Fame
  • Predictive Policing Lab - a national project which consumes research instead of production, it's completion grants +100 Combat Strength against Air Units on Main Plaza, +100 Combat Strength against Air Units on Administrative Center, & +100 Combat Strength against Air Units on Outpost
Completing the lab unlocks a narrative event as society deals with governments and corporations ability to predict consumer and citizen behaviors.

Game ends on completion of all 4 labs. The idea being that to see all 4 narrative events, you will have to re-play.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 16, 2021, 1:41:13 AM

The Current End game techs seem like they could be used to attach Narrative events to as is. (a bit less Genetics/AI than your options, but they already have the Neural Implant)

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message