Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Snap-back Map Rotation - Why?

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 2:21:09 AM

So... why does the camera rotation need to 'snap-back'?  Why can it not just stay rotated?
You all went to a lot of trouble to make a good looking map, then you set the camera zoom to actually pan-down as a person zooms in.  which is fine and all, so long as you don't block my view with the map features... 
but you are doing that, blocking the view of all sorts of things 

Look, quick fix: don't snap the camera back.  rotate til I say stop, and stay there.
simple.  easy peasy.

just make sure you give me a 'reset north' button.

thanks.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Apr 26, 2021, 7:52:14 AM

It doesn't snap per se, it just have same hotkey for rotation and selecting next/previous city/unit. Deselect it and you can rotate around the point you see.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Aug 25, 2021, 8:08:21 AM

I have the same problem. I can't rotate the map at 360°. It's pity because the player cannot enjoy the view of the map through every angles, but it's also a problem for gameplay and especially for battles. For example: it is sometimes possible to access to the top of a mountain plateau through a  very narrow pathway. If this pathway is "behind" the plateau (ie at the north of the hill), the player cannot see it if the map can't rotate at 360°. In consequence, the player potentially losses an opportunity to place its troops advantagely for a battle. So please devs add this feature in the game, just unlock full map rotation.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message