Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

For those wondering about Chopping wood.

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
May 1, 2021, 8:40:37 PM
I did some testing in the victor Opendev today, but nothing extremely in depth. Here are the text only results:
(No Ransacking tenets used)
  • 1 scout is 13 might
  • 4 scouts are 52 might
Chopping wood in the Ancient era:
  • 1 scout (13 might) takes 7 turns to cut down wood for 40 industry
  • 4 scouts (52 might) take 4 turns to cut down wood for 40 industry
Chopping wood in the Early Modern Era, after having researched all technologies:
  • 1 Line infantry(49 might with Tenets) takes 4 turns to chop down wood for 80 industry
  • 2 line infantry(98 might with tenets) takes 3 turns to chop down wood for 80 industry
  • 2 Siege artillery(106 might with tenets) takes 3 turns to chop down wood for 80 industry
  • 2 Siege artillery (106)+ 2 Partisans (96 might with tenets and one Veterency) have 202 total might and take two turns to chop down wood for 80 industry
  • A full army with more than 300 might takes one turn to chop down wood for 80 industry

What does this mean?

Well, it means that all the blabbering I was spewing out on reddit and stuff was wrong.

But it also means that in the ancient era it takes about 200 might to chop down wood for the result of 40 industry, and in the Early Modern Era it takes about 300 might to chop down wood for the result of 80 industry. 

With this data from my testing, I'm not sure how to improve armies chopping down forests--if there needs to be improvement. 

0Send private message
0Send private message
2 years ago
Dec 6, 2021, 10:19:41 PM
CovalianKing wrote:

Cool. I thought chopping woods was 

stupid. I guess I was wrong. 

Oh, yeah!

Now with the game fully release, I'm able to find out that chopping wood in contemporary era nets you about +600 industry per chop, and I think Industrial Era has a 480 industry bonus per chop. Meaning that there's an argument for doing a strategy where you go heavy on influence, spend influence on planting forests in a neighboring region that is currently an outpost, attatch that outpost, chop all the wood their with multiple armies for the industry boost, then detatch that territory and repeat the process.

It's just theory crafting right now, but hopefully I can test this theory out in the coming days.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message