If you are experiencing any trouble getting access to the Closed Beta, please consult the troubleshooting steps below before you create a new thread asking for help.

G2G and Closed Beta Access Issues

• I cannot create a Games2Gether account; the website claims my email is invalid.
    Please contact Sega Customer Support about the issue and supply them with the email address you are trying to sign up with so we can examine the issue. 
  • I have signed up, but I have not received a verification email.
    Please remember to check your spam folder as the verification email may be filtered out. Keep in mind the email may take a day to arrive, so please check again later. If you still have not received a verification email, please contact Sega Customer Support about the issue and supply them with your account name so we can investigate. 
  • I cannot log in. 
    Please attempt to use the Password Recovery option. If this is not successful, you should reach out to Sega Customer Support and describe the problem you are experiencing. 
  • I cannot find the Steam Link Option.
    Click on your username in the top right and pick “profile” from the dropdown menu. The Steam Link option will be in the top right of your Profile Page.
  • I cannot find the Twitch link option.
    From your profile page (see above), go to your account settings. The Twitch Link will be the second option on the main page of your Account Settings page.
  • I cannot link my Steam or Twitch account.
    These problems are often caused by a heavy load placed on either of the involved services. Please wait at least 10 minutes as the service may have a lot to process at the moment and retry.
  • I have pre-ordered Humankind on Steam but cannot find the Closed Beta in my Steam library. 
    Please confirm that you have linked your Games2Gether and Steam accounts or refreshed the link, and that you have redeemed the Closed Beta reward available to you at the top of the Rewards page. 
  • I cannot find the Closed Beta Reward on the Games2Gether Rewards page. 
    First, make sure that you did not previously redeem the reward by checking your Steam Library or the Closed Beta Steam store page. If you do not have access to the Closed Beta, please make sure your Steam account is properly synced. If necessary, you may attempt to unlink and relink your Steam account. 
  • I have tried to redeem the Closed Beta reward, but it failed to redeem, e.g. the page gets stuck on loading.
    These problems are often caused by a heavy load placed on any of the involved services. Please wait at least 10 minutes as the service may have a lot to process at the moment and retry.
  • I have redeemed the Closed Beta Reward, but it is not in my library. 
    Search for Humankind in your Steam Library’s search bar. If this returns no results, try restarting your Steam client. If you still cannot locate go to the Closed Beta store page and click Play to start installing the Closed Beta.
  • I have played a previous OpenDev, but I cannot access the Closed Beta after following the above troubleshooting steps.
    If you had gained access to a previous OpenDev through Twitch Drops, your key may have been mistakenly revoked. In this case, the Twitch drop campaign will be active for you again and you can re-earn your key. If you have pre-ordered and cannot access the Closed Beta after following the troubleshooting steps, please report your issue in the forum or to customer support.

Game related issues

• I would like to play the Closed Beta on Mac, Linux or Stadia.
    The Closed Beta does not support MacOS or Linux, and is not available on Stadia. However, Humankind will support MacOS and Stadia at release.
  • Will Humankind support the new M1 Mac chipset?
    We can unfortunately not make any statement about this yet.
  • I would like to play the Closed Beta in a language other than English.
    The Closed Beta is only available in English, but at release Humankind will also be available in German, French, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Korean, and Simplified and Traditional Chinese. (However, full audio will be available only in English.)
  • I have not received the rewards for pre-order/Deluxe Edition/newsletter signup.
    All these bonuses will be available at release, but are not part of the Closed Beta.
  • I cannot log into my Games2Gether account in game.
    Currently there may be some log-in issues, particularly with passwords involving special characters.