Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Unable to continue saved game

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 7:18:26 AM

I attempted to load an autosave from two turns prior and ended up at the opening screen instead.
I then attempted to load multiple save files from the session and all of them produced what seemed to be the same error.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 9:55:05 AM

Hi there! Can you attach one of the saves causing this? Your saves should be in Documents > Humankind > Save Files. This sounds similar to an issue we have in our bug database, and a save would help me confirm. If you could also grab any diagnostic files that were generated during when the issue happened, that would be fantastic! These should be located in Documents > Humankind > Temporary Files. They should be time stamped! Thank you!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 12:55:56 PM

I have similair issue with saves, I have also tried creating new saves on new turns to see if that circumvents the issue but it has not. I will upload some diagnostics and save games, all are from the same run. I do not get thrown back to open screen after loading, but my game just becomes unresponsive a short while after loading the save and then if I try to press on the screen the game freezes and crashes.

Diagnostics (2021'06'14 @2147'11''779''').htmlDiagnostics (2021'06'15 @0001'00''126''').htmlDiagnostics (2021'06'15 @0002'46''007''').htmlDiagnostics (2021'06'15 @0012'35''551''').html

Above are 4 diagnostics files all coming from different save games in the same run where it keeps crashing after a short while each time.

auto-save 36.ctrauto-save 37.ctrZhou Turn 35.ctrZhou Turn 36.ctr

Above are some of the saves I have tried from that run.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 6:02:01 PM

I have similar issue with saves too. Yesterday, after manual save, i'm exit from the game, but game just minimized and freeze with black screen in window.

Now I try load my manual save: it take too long time(more than 10 minutes) and game not respond. After I try load autosaves - first and all next attempts with manual and different autosaves finished on the opening screen 

My save and two autosaves:

Beta_try_1.ctr

auto-save 614.ctr

auto-save 607.ctr

Diagnostic files:

After save and exit - Diagnostics (2021'06'14 @2128'09''575''')p3.html

Diagnostics (2021'06'15 @2030'48''745''').html

Diagnostics (2021'06'15 @2040'23''243''').html

Hope it will be helpful and this bug will be solved before beta finished))

UPD. Also can't play new game before restart game.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 7:55:58 PM

Exactly the same issue happening! Whenever I try to load the save game, it goes to the loading screen then it try to load a while then just brings me back to the start screen. This did not occur when I started a game then try to load during the actual game (I could quick save then quick load) 

Here are my saves and diagnostic files too! 

auto-save 196.ctrauto-save 197.ctrJoseon Turn 141.ctr Diagnostics (2021'06'15 @1243'04''561''').html

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 15, 2021, 8:47:09 PM

Just sharing that I have been having the same issue.

I was able to play the game fine yesterday and save manually. 

Today, I can't load a manual or autosave. I can however launch a new game, but I can't manually save that game either.

Gotta point out that there was a Win10 update I downloaded today and the problems only occurred after.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 16, 2021, 11:04:58 AM

They do look to be similar to or the same to the issue in our database. I'm updating it now. Thank you! The logs and saves are very helpful.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 16, 2021, 8:24:24 PM

Same here. Loading revert to the load screen...

Do you want some more save files + diagnostics files ?

I am not going to play a lot if I need to go back to square one at every session. :/

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 8:10:30 AM

Solved the issue by not using the Steam Cloud to save games.
If I save them to my own pc I can load them without issues. 

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 8:47:02 AM
CatLord wrote:

Same here. Loading revert to the load screen...

Do you want some more save files + diagnostics files ?

I am not going to play a lot if I need to go back to square one at every session. :/

You're absolutely welcome to add your save files and diagnostics! They are always appreciated.

You shouldn't have to go back to square one every session. This has been a rare (and difficult to reproduce) issue, so you shouldn't have this problem in most of your games. Unfortunately, we don't have a good work around for this at the moment other than trying to load back to an earlier auto save, then reload the auto save and see if it reloads correctly. If it does, you should be okay to keep going from there, but I can't promise this will work. I hope you will be able to resume your game, and not run into the issue again.

Thank you again!

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 10:54:22 AM
You're absolutely welcome to add your save files and diagnostics! They are always appreciated.

Just gonna drop a few more for you here, I've been experiencing the same problem. Hopefully the data helps sort this out before launch,

Both the autosave and hard save are having the same issue, here's the save files

Poles Turn 151.ctr auto-save 272.ctr

and the Diag files from the general timeframe I was trying to load these files.

Diagnostics (2021'06'17 @1240'48''164''').htmlDiagnostics (2021'06'17 @1234'57''604''').html

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 12:39:42 PM
Might be a red herring, but this problem seems to occur more often when trying to load a save which includes a custom, Twitch-based avatar. For me, anyway.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 18, 2021, 9:02:39 PM
IUntyped wrote:

Yesterday, after manual save, i'm exit from the game, but game just minimized and freeze with black screen in window.

I am also seeing freeze+black screen on exit. What GPU do you have, please? I am experiencing this on AMD and it seems to be linked to a Radeon crash.

0Send private message
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 22, 2021, 1:30:16 PM
SeekTruthFromFacts wrote:
IUntyped wrote:

Yesterday, after manual save, i'm exit from the game, but game just minimized and freeze with black screen in window.

I am also seeing freeze+black screen on exit. What GPU do you have, please? I am experiencing this on AMD and it seems to be linked to a Radeon crash.

I have AMD Radeon RX5700XT and drivers version 20.12.1

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message