Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Get rid of independent cities

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 16, 2021, 8:54:59 PM

or at the very least make them less aggressive when they spawn with higher tech and literally dozens of armies. It's literally impossible to move scouts within my own territory because they get immediately pounced upon by this aggressive piece of coding its INFURIATING that the only method to stop is conquest or "diplomacy" both of which are incredulously expensive. the independent AI on its own makes me not want to play this game at all. Don't even get me started on how infuriating it is that they take simultaneous turns as the player because it makes my blood boil and whichever intern thought that up shouldn't be thinking anymore.

0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 16, 2021, 10:54:43 PM
I found them very useful.
My second city was a converted independent city, and several others late were too.
And hiring their units saved my bacon against the Mongols.

This was on Humankind difficulty, Independ city felt really nice.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 16, 2021, 11:42:00 PM

I agree that the IP are a bit much. In my current game, my nation is surrounded by them. I think there should be 1. an option to take their city as an outpost instead of a city and 2. an option to turn them off by type.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 1:45:10 AM

Independent peoples have their uses and certainly are not pushovers. 

I'd advise constructing a couple more advanced units earlier to secure your boarders as well as have the opportunity to gain military stars fighting independent units or taking their city for yourself.  

0Send private message
3 years ago
Jun 17, 2021, 2:27:01 AM

Independant cities/AI's are fun in my opinion. Kind of like a more fun barbarian mechanic. They can either be peaceful (have the peace sign) or be very agressive (have the lightning sign). It gives You something to do if can not fight the other AI's yet. I rather have some independant AI's near me than one of the acctual culture AI's starting to take territories around me early on.

If annoyed that they are cities, then just take them over and then put a big army on the city center and ransack it. The bigger army the faster You ransack it. Then the territory becomes free and You can place an outpost wherever You like.

Sure an option to turn them on or off when setting up a game I can support. Players having more choices is a good thing, but to remove them completely. even as an option, I can not support.

Updated 8 months ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 19, 2021, 6:57:06 PM

The fact that they out unit you in a single turn is absurd, to be surrounded by 4 highly aggressive cities all with 4-6 armed units, completely screws up my early game, time and time again. They can stay if that had more sensical and logical growth, but this instant op spawn is just daft.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message