logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

(BUG) War Support notification conflates war support with losing war

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Jun 18, 2021, 7:25:53 PM

1. Bug summary / Thread Title

War Support notification conflates war support with losing a war.

2. Bug description

Notification appears at the beginning of the turn indicating War Support against Aztecs is 24.00. Aztecs are a current ally, and no player appears to be at war with them. The current War Support is 24/100 and so the notification's value is correct, but is incorrectly associating the War Support for starting a war with the War Support during a war.

3. Steps to reproduce

1. Ally with an AI player.
  2. Take actions to reduce War Support with that player until it reaches 24/100.
  3. Check notification window for notification that War Support has reached dangerously low levels.

4. Reproducibility

2/5 - I am able to replicate the notification across multiple saves for that specific AI player, but have not at any point received the notification for any others despite being allied with 6 AI players for multiple turns and having 4 of those players maintain a War Score below 24. It may be the specific value that is dependent on the reproduction, or some other unknown.

5. Expected behavior

Expected behavior is to not receive notification about a war status when not at war with a player.

6. Notes

Very odd one. I've been allied with 3 AI players for more than 100 turns, and have never seen this notification before. Several allies are at or below 10 War Support and have been for quite some time, so there must be some other consideration not visible which is limiting reproduction.

7. Attachments

Current turn auto-save:

auto-save 489.ctr

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
0Send private message0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 15, 2021, 10:19:38 AM

The above comment is playing solo, small map with 6 AI. Currently allied with Mu Guiying (Mongols) also and we're at war together against Edger (Poles). On turn 134. Game set to the easiest setting as I just started learning how to play today. 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message