Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

mod.io integration

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Oct 2, 2021, 12:48:49 PM

I just tried to download a few maps, but I'm getting the error code "In-game mod browsing will be unlocked soon. Look out for the announcement when it's available." Thing, is, every modding tutorial I find claims that this integration exists. Are they talking nonsense and this feature isn't released yet or is there an error in my game somewhere?

My steam account is connected to mod.io if that matters.

Updated 3 years ago.
0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 5, 2021, 2:09:33 PM

Hi Mordomacar,

That's strange because I have downloaded some maps and they work perfectly. 
This is a quick guide on how you can install the maps from https://humankind.mod.io/ 

1. Download the zip file below.
  2. Extract the .zip file to Documents\Humankind\Maps
  3. You should be able to play on the map now

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 21, 2021, 7:00:56 PM

I get the same message for NON-map mods, even though I have subscribed to several mods at mods.io.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Oct 23, 2021, 1:53:22 AM
bdub52 wrote:

I get the same message for NON-map mods, even though I have subscribed to several mods at mods.io.

People who are making non-map mods at this point are typically using the BepInEx system, and they are .dll mods. You can read more about .dll mods and the BepInEx system HERE.

The subscribe feature of mod.io does not work for .dll mods or mods made using the BepInEx system. There is a tutorial HERE that shows how to install BepInEx mods in your game. There are mods using this system for download HERE. Please note, if you're on a Mac the installation instructions are different. There is a tutorial HERE for people on Mac.

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 17, 2022, 11:36:13 PM

I just registered my gtg account and I’m on stadia and was wondering if a possibility of mod support for stadia will ever be a thing

0Send private message
2 years ago
Jan 18, 2022, 10:17:37 AM
colin985 wrote:

I just registered my gtg account and I’m on stadia and was wondering if a possibility of mod support for stadia will ever be a thing

Unfortunetly I don´t think so. At the end you are downloading additional content in a PC that is not "yours" therefore I don´t think Google will allow that (risking their infraestructure). Imagine if different users wanted to have different mods, all the time will be deleting/downloading content.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message