Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

Map Editor Maps - Territories Outside Game Area

Copied to clipboard!
3 years ago
Sep 3, 2021, 3:15:57 PM

In this map I've created, I've come across one random territory in the middle of the map which it says is "outside of the game area". Any ideas?

(In this case it is barren desert, so it's really not that much of an issue. I'd just like to know what's going on. Is it a bug with my map? IDK)

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 3, 2021, 6:54:07 PM

I had that issue with territories having the last index on the Giant Earth map, "fixed" it by always having a small ocean territory created after all other near one of the edge, in an area where it doesn't matter if you can't enter.

Elhoim reported that he had the issue too, but not related to the index in is case, IDK how he fixed it.

0Send private message
3 years ago
Sep 6, 2021, 1:59:40 PM
Gedemon wrote:

I had that issue with territories having the last index on the Giant Earth map, "fixed" it by always having a small ocean territory created after all other near one of the edge, in an area where it doesn't matter if you can't enter.

Elhoim reported that he had the issue too, but not related to the index in is case, IDK how he fixed it.

So on HUMANKIND default maps this territory is usually at the poles, right?

Does it encompass both poles? (AFAIK territories can be disjoint if they are ocean).

On the North Africa map, there aren't any poles. I have this territory in the middle of the Sahara as this dead zone (now expanded) which is perfectly fine for this map.

Do you think that would cause any problem?

I play tested the map of North Africa twice now and I encountered one bug, which had nothing to do with the map -> [PC/STEAM, V1.0.02.0116-S10] Naval Unit Within City Walls In Siege - Humankind (games2gether.com) 

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message